Would either of these be attractive to loaners ?

zandp

Visit site
Following on from a conversation at the yard last night would a loaner want either of these horses :

A - 16 yr old id/conn mare, genuine & safe allrounder, strong and forward going, 15.2. Loves to jump but can turn her hoof to anything.

B - 5 yr old QH/TB mare, currently being rebacked after having been turned away all winter, sharp and bold but also calm and laid back - more likely to look / investigate scary things than bolt.

lexibell

Visit site
as an owner and loaner I'd say both.

really depends on the loaners are looking for, I think in my experience you'd find it easier to loan horse A, as it sounds, straight forward, and a fun ride, nice little allrounder. Personally I'd want a challenge and prefer horse B.

But as a loaner I would want a long term loan on a horse like that, I think people can be nervous that they could spend a lot of time bringing that horse on and then have it taken back by the owner just when it was coming on. Ive been lucky with the owners of the horses that Ive loaned, theyve been honest and straightforwards, but have heard of people spending a lot of time, effort and money on horses that are meant to be long term/perm loans only for them to be taken back and sold on for lots more than they are worth!!

Harliquin

Visit site
Very attractive I'd say :D

I currently loan a 19 year old, 15.1 mare who is spookish and very strong and forward going and I leapt at the chance when offered, so I don't see why anyone would not want to loan one of those two :)