Would it be unkind/unfair?

Billie

community.webshots.com
I'm thinking of moving yards again, I've only been at my current yard 6 months and it's lovely BUT.....so I'm thinking of moving again and I'm going to view a yard on Saturday.

Thing is my horse is 23yrs nearly 24yrs and although he settled in straight away at the current yard I'm worried another move so soon could upset him. He has moved several times in his life so I'm thinking he is used to it but in his advancing years could it all be too much for him?

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I dont see why not if he has setled into the yard you are at now in no time at all. He may find it hard though if he has health probs or if he has made a very strong bond with another horse??

Billie

community.webshots.com
No health problems other than the usual ageing joint things.

He has made a good friend in the field but then he had a VERY good friend at his last yard too, he's the sort of guy that finds making friends easy! LOL!

Billie

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Can i ask why you are thinking of moving?

[/ QUOTE ]
Care and management is 100% but I don't much like the hacking and although it is a large yard I hardly ever see anyone and I've been there 6 months and barely no anyones names! The sand school is rubbish and we had "turn out" issues in the summer!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
It would seem to me to be a good decision if you have issues with the yard you are at and i would think that our horse will cope with ok as he has done so well in the past!!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
If it improves his lifestyle then you need just weight out the pros and cons if hes better off moving then it would be a risk worth while. Just be careful not to end up at a yard that like them all isn't perfect and a unhappy horsey!

jayvee

Visit site
Finding a yard that suits his needs is paramount. I wouldn't have thought moving at his age is much to worry about espesh as you have moved a few times already in the recent past.
It would be more understanding if he had stayed at a yard for many years and then had to move. Good luck.