Would like to hunt but no horse

Ginn

Visit site
Would really like to "have a go" at hunting this coming season but sadly have no experience (never had anything sane enough to hunt in the past) and no horse suitable for the job (as she's only 2!).

So, what are the odds of finding someone with a horse they'd like hunted, which will look after me until I get use to it, who has transport (as I don't) and without me being rude (not knowing much about hunting etiquette).

Or is this not likely to happen?

Thanks in advance xx

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
If you are desperate no need to restrict yourself to hunting on a horse (my OH tells me there is no competition when it comes to hunting mounted). It is perfectly possible to follow hounds by bike or car and you can see what is happened, maybe meet people with spare rides and get involved with the hunt and its social activities.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Go without a horse.

Do you have a dog, you can just go down to the woods and hunt with that. They don't prosecute people for that so there's no worries.

Loads of people hunt without horses and loads of people hunt outside of 'organised hunting'.

Have you tried beagling, that's done on foot.

the watcher

Visit site
Hey you aren't far from me, I have chunky pony could do with going a bit more often, although she does get quite excited by the whole thing. On the negative side I have just looking into taking her on a hound exercise day coming up in hacking distance and found the local hunt charging £50 for a 1 day cap. I want to be supportive but that is just crazy money :(