Would this worry you?

S_N

Visit site
It a picture of a horses back - withers to the right.

Oct1st006-1.jpg

GTs

Visit site
If it did not cause any discomfort when pressure was applied , or there were any other signs of back pain I would not be concerned. We are all built differently!

allijudd

Visit site
i would get someone like tracy (the bowen women )to come out and look at her back for me...i think she has 2 distinct lumps, one more worrying behind where the cantle of the saddle would sit and it may cuase discomfort and one where the point of hip is...

is she in discomfort? is she lame? does she stride out? whats her topline like?

if she is ok it could just be her (like everyone else has said)....

S_N

Visit site
Well, as she's pretty much a field ornament, goes on the odd hack, without too many questions asked of her. As I don't know her very well, I wasn't going to march up to her and start prodding her back, so I've no idea if there is a pain reflex there - it just struck me as an odd looking back. She has quite a good topline for her type. Thanks for the input guys.

Louby

Visit site
The bump to the left of your picture I think is pretty normal in a younger or under muscled horse. My last two horses had this but once they muscled up it 'dissapeared' but the bump next to the withers looks a little odd. I think your right to get it checked out.