would you advertise on DragonDriving?

Ibblebibble

Visit site
I've seen a few comments on the various threads highlighting the poor unfortunates on DD, it seems it's not a well thought of site but people can't seen to stop looking at it!! every time an ad gets linked to on here you can guarantee that people will then carry on down the page at the very least and possibly carry on through 3,4 or more pages looking at the ads. The amount of traffic on that site possibly equals or even exceeds the viewing figures on other, better thought of sales sites.
So, knowing the type of attention it gets, would you use it to advertise or does it's reputation put you off?

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I would not have a particular issue advertising on there if I needed it, after all, you would meet prospective buyers when they come to view the horse and if you did not like them or think they would care for your horse as it should be then you simply would not sell it to them imo. There are plenty of decent buyers and sellers on there too

NoseyPosey

Visit site
Have done - just because there might be some dodgy sellers on there, it doesn't mean the buyers are. If anything, a well thought genuine advert will probably stand out more.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Not a chance in hell, the type that sell most off the ponies on there, are not the sort off people I would sell to. Big full stop.
I look at the site though and would buy but never ever would I sell via there.

NoseyPosey

Visit site
Not a chance in hell, the type that sell most off the ponies on there, are not the sort off people I would sell to. Big full stop.

Eh? They are OK to buy from but not to sell to? If you don't like the sort of person (whatever that is) you'd be buying from then don't you think you'd be part of the problem?

Ibblebibble

Visit site

lol that doesn't make sense, if you would buy from there what makes you any better than other people who buy from there, :confused: you are suggesting that you are the only decent buyer and that anyone else is going to be an undesirable!

whilst i don't like some of the adverts on there i actually think it's such a high traffic site ( in part due to people linking to it in disgust admittedly) that you've got a good chance of reaching a very wide range of buyers. when someone has finished tutting and making faces about the poor ridden 2 yr old there's a good chance they'll carry on looking through the ads out of noseyness and a good quality advert would catch their eye;)

Sparkles

Visit site
Yes. Currently have 2 on there. It's a sales site. Horsemart has just as much drab advertised on it if not more.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
yes - i advertised my mare on there. Just because there are some unscrupulous sellers doesnt mean all the horses are rubbish.

The way i look at it is that i browse on there frequently and would b a superb home so i am sure there are other people just like me who look too.

showaddy1

Visit site
Bought my two lovely girlies from there, both who had fabulous owners... It cant be all bad. I wouldnt have a problem using it if the need arises.... I think there are poor horses and dodgey sellers on every site!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I looked on there and preloved when I was looking to buy. Don't think I'd advertise but the "posher" horsey sites had far less choice... I bought two via preloved.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
out of interest, why not?

Just on principle really. I disagree with what is being advertised on there. Some are a sorry sight, yearlings broken and ridden. Some awful cases to be frank.

I would not buy from there either. I do look at links posted on here, god knows why, it depresses me.

Enfys

Visit site
No, because I would like to sell to like-minded people and I don't look there.

But, you do not actually have to sell to people you don't like and you could be missing out on great buyers. That is the joy of selling, you can pick and choose, to the best of your ability anyway.

I look on there, purely out of curiosity because I'll never buy anything from there, wish I could, I'd fill my paddocks with hairy ponies. :D

Lots of people on here look on there :eek: we aren't all bad are we? :(

What type are like-minded to you - just out of curiosity?

hairycob

Visit site
But there are some really c**p sellers on Horsemart & one of the worst viewings I ever had was from an ad in H&H.
How many of the dealers that are regularly slated when a thread temporarily appears advertise on Horsemart - most if not all. How many dodgy dealers always have several ads on Horsemart at any time - loads.
How many unsuitable buyers respond to ads on other sites - tons!
If I had a dressage horse DD wouldn't be the rigt place to advertise, but a driving horse/cob would get a good sized audience & you can tell from the number of threads you get on here that a lot of people who would consider themselves a cut above look on there.