Would you be interested?

mitchellk

Visit site
I Keep my horse at my cousins yard in return for help with her two ggs. Cuz is about to go travelling then on to university in the new year.
Now her horse is purely for fashion purposes she barely rides him and I have to dig her out of the house to get her to muck it out, he is completely wasted!
Anyway when she goes away in the newyear I am going to end up looking after him and I don't have time to do three!
I have pursuaded her to put him on loan as long as he stays on our yard. How does this sound-
16.2hh Irish bred gelding, 11 years old. Done little in the past three years but when I have taken him out we have gone clear 3'3 xc (inc ditches and water) and has been well schooled in past, SJ up to 1m20 but would do more has also seen hounds.
Can be quirky occasionally in stable and hates clippers, good traffic, shoe and travel.
Loaner would have full use of horse would be expected to muck out and pay all bills as well as £20 livery
What do you guys think do you think we will find anyone?

matthew

Visit site
Sounds fab- its quite unusual i think to find a horse on loan that has potential and isnt looking to slow things down and lead a quiter life due to age or injury
Were are you based?

mitchellk

Visit site
We are essex suffolk border, got excellent hacking and very close to local equestrian centre and hacking distance to indoor school and a BE course nearby.
But do you think asking DIY livery is cheeky? (actually would be like part livery as I feed and turn out am)
he definatly has potential I was going to hunt him with bloodhounds this winter and BE next year but my own horsie has to come first and takes up most of my time.
Never loaned horses out usually sell, so bit worried that we find the right sort of person as don't want any novices.

mitchellk

Visit site
Def have a contract drawn up, If it were up to me kirstyfk I would send him up to you if it meant that horsie has a purpose in life!
It really annoys me that he is soo totally wasted

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
He'll be snapped up in no time!

[ QUOTE ]
got excellent hacking and very close to local equestrian centre and hacking distance to indoor school and a BE course nearby.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd write that in the advert!

mitchellk

Visit site
We are Dedham nr Colchester so would be a bit of a drive for you loopy_lurchur_lover (we have a few of those roaming the place too!)
Thanks for you positive comments folks will let you know what happens when cuz goes travelling!