Would you buy a horse knowing it’s had SI & Hock injections..?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I think it depends on what issues the horse presented with to result in the injections in the first place?

Going against the grain I’ve recently bought one with a vaguely similar background so would certainly consider it again if it were the right horse. I guess the difference in my situation was I had access to the horse’s full history so knew exactly what I was dealing with and having successfully rehabbed one with similar issues in the past I was fairly confident I could do the same with this one too. It’s meant I’ve ended up with a high level dressage horse that’s been consistently getting decent scores for half of what I’d have paid had it had a clean slate. Was it a gamble...possibly, but then most things with horses are.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Simply put, no. Especially not at that price (although I am North, so that is a significant amount of money)

Nope, not at that price.

There is a reason why the si was injected.

It's an area that is rather needed for power and movement especially in Dr and jumping.

So no, I wouldn't.

The Hocks wouldn't bother me if I could have upto date xrays but still wouldn't pay that price for it.