Would you buy a lorry from Ebay

Happytohack

Visit site
After selling our old lorry and umming & erring about buying a trailer, have now decided to buy another lorry. Have been looking at all the usual websites, but have seen one I really like on ebay - but how do I know if it is genuine or not? It is quite a way from us as well, so can't really go and view before the auction ends. The bidding ends tomorrow and at the moment there aren't any bids on it. Am looking for a Bedford TL or similar with good headroom and width for big heavy horses.

bellgave

Visit site
A freind f my sisters bought her lorry on ebay and it has been perfect!! If when you go to collect it (if you bid on it) and it is not as described, you are within your rights not to buy it. Ask the seller all the questions you can think of.

rach1984horse

Visit site
Ask the seller if you can view it before you buy. Also asking if he would be prepared to take cash in hand would be worthwhile, as then Ebay don't take a 5% cut frim him. I went to look at a lorry I saw on ebay. Left a deposit and said would be back to pick it up once it was taxed and insured. They guy went to take it off ebay and had a bid of higher than the agreed price on it. I wasn't happy to pay anymore so he sent me my deposit back. Wouldn't let that put me off looking for one on there again tho.

Zebedee

Visit site
My friend sold a lovely lorry on ebay, and I know someone else who has brought quite a few cars from there with no problems at all, but then he does know what he's looking for when he goes to collect them.

RLF

Visit site
yep agree with ballgrave, i bought my lorry off ebay, it's been a good runner, but there were a few things wrong with it that they didnt point out like the drivers window didnt open and the petrol gauge was faulty. But to be honest i didnt ask the question, i didnt get to view either cus it was so far away,
hence ask everything you can about it, you can always walk away if they havent been truthful.

Tufty

Visit site
yes I agree sometimes people just need to sell things and why not ebay it cant be any different to anywhere else

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I think alot of good things do go on ebay just because why put it in local paper and it take months then put it in ebay and get the highest bid and in a week have the money in your hand! Also with some thing as big as that if when you pick it up its really not what you want *Gosh tell me off* take the bad ebay cred and see it on ebay the next week with TIMEWASTERS!

dozzie

Visit site
I have bought several cars from ebay and all have been fine. Remember to check feed back and view car if possible, with someone who knows what they are looking for. Remember that if you were to go to a second hand car dealer and ask to know what his/her last 100 customers said about them they would tell you to ..... Not so with ebay. Also they have to be as described or you can walk away. Anyone who sells on ebay will know its really worrying as you dont want neg feedback so you want to be honest. Just make sure you see box and ask as many questions before buying!!

Weezy

Visit site
Yes I would - I bought OHs car (10k+) from eBay
laugh.gif

spooks

Visit site
i bought my bedford TK off ebay in febuary..its been fine ,starts first time every time.. there were a few things not mentioned on the auction advert like passenger window handle missing,no key to lock the cab etc, but mechanically it was fine..its just cost me a grand though to get it through its MOT though as it had no back brakes.nothing else was wrong with it and its 30 years old. ive just got a bigger lorry as our newish horse doesnt really fit on it. i paid 1100 for it and had new partitions made for it ,but its done the job i wanted it to do and will probably be going back on ebay in the not to distant future

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've had a 4x4, saddles, all manner of things from Ebay. Check their feedback & certainly if you are trying to buy an expensive item either ask loads of questions or go & view. If the seller is genuine he won't mind the questions.

Macha

Visit site
The only thing to watch for is if it is stolen. I have herd of quite a few people had trailers stolen and spotted them on ebay a few weeks later.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I bought and sold my last lorry E reg Cargo on E-bay. although I did go and look at it before buying. So seller used it more as a way of advertising.

When I sold the lorry a year later the guy bought it totally unseen. I did have all the receipts form the past 5 years and a full year MOT though.

Just be careful as there is a lot of cr*p on there!