Would you buy

TicTac

Visit site
a horse that had a knee operation as a foal and whos front legs are,nt completely straight? see below.

Quote :- As a new born foal he had mild carpal vagus (deviation at the knee) and our vets recommended that we should allow them to do w procedure called a transphyseal screw procedure which is where a screw is placed across the grown plates to delay growth on the convex side of the joint to allow the joint to straighten. The screw is then removed. This procedure was successful however it did leave him with a cosmetically larger knee but we were assured this was of no consequence to his future soundness. :- Quote

He is a beautiful trakehner only just 7 and still a bit green. He lives at the stud where I used to work so I know the horse well. He was only backed last year due to lack of time. He has allready passed flexion tests and I would have him vetted.

see recent short video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQ4FEguH5U&feature=youtu.be

HayleyDL

Visit site
I would be wanting a full 5* vet check and the price to reflect the legs but, I wouldn't rule him out, especially since you know him.

If he was completely new to me and I was going on trust I might be a little more wary but in your situation id consider if he passed the vet check and was everything else I wanted.

be positive

Visit site
I may consider it if he ticked all the boxes, passed the vet and was priced accordingly but having looked at the videos and the photo in the ad would be put off.
He is behind the vertical all the time which will be a lot of work to correct, he stands with his back very hollow, either due to his way of going or may be why he goes like he does.

I think the price is too high with these faults.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I'd be more concerned by the fact he is BTV the whole time than a slightly wonky leg! If he passes the vet, and unless you want to do GP or 4* with him, I don't see why his leg would be any issue at all.

TicTac

Visit site
I may consider it if he ticked all the boxes, passed the vet and was priced accordingly but having looked at the videos and the photo in the ad would be put off.
He is behind the vertical all the time which will be a lot of work to correct, he stands with his back very hollow, either due to his way of going or may be why he goes like he does.

I think the price is too high with these faults.

I woudn't be getting him for the price advertised. Considerably less. He has just had 2 wolf teeth removed which was causing him a big problem. He is backward for his age and untill recently in quite poor condition as well. What you see is less than 2 months work on both schooling and condition. But all things considered I will think very carefully.

Last edited:

Mongoose11

Visit site

Just had a look on their site but can't see him on there :( Don't worry I don't have the time, money or skills for a pony like Spider!

Wanted to go to their open day this year but just noticed it is on the 15th - hoping to be out at my first ever show that day so will have to give it a miss!

mandwhy

Visit site
They seem really good that stud, I used to ride around that way. Would love to have one of their lovely trakehners but think I could only afford an ear or two so I would probably be tempted by this chap if he passed the vet.