Would you do Fun Ride today?

Cloud9

Visit site
Supposed to be going to a fun ride today - but is it gonna be too hot? Its 7 miles and we aiming to be riding by 10am but now worried its gonna be too hot. Would you go?

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
yes, get there early so you are actually on your way by 10 - you will be finished by 12 and can wash down and water immediately. I soak a couple of light coolers in water and leave them in buckets in the trailer and just chuck them on the horses when I get back to the trailer. i would event in this heat quite happily and just put the wet rugs on them straight away. cools them down immedietly. As long as your horse is not overweight it should cope fine with only 7 miles

Cloud9

Visit site
No he is not overweight but he is a cob. Thats a great tip thanks. Just me being a wus - I hate riding in the heat -for me not for him really!!!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
So if he is a cob, he will go and enjoy himself immensly. Get under the wet rug too and you will be fine. I normally ride in a long sleeved lightweight wicking shirt when it is really hot, it keeps you far far cooler than a short sleeved t shirt or polo shirt.