Would you expect to pay in these circumstances?

Acolyte

Visit site
Had a lesson booked at a new venue last night - scheduled to be at 6pm for 30 minutes, venue is a 1 hour drive away according to the AA.

I left the yard 1hr 45mins before the lesson, then got stuck in traffic in town and spent 30 mins covering less than a mile. There was no diversion I could take as towing a trailer - I estimated it would take me another 30 mins to get clear of town, then another 30 mins to venue - so I turned around and went home.

Obviously I rang the venue straight away to tell them that was what I was planning to do, the instructor is based on site and was doing other lessons than mine that afternoon - mine was the last of the day.

Just curious - would you expect to pay for the lesson, as it was such a short-notice cancellation? (I don't object to paying, just wondered if it was usual)

Bossanova

Visit site
About 1/2 the lesson cost. Some places will charge more though- they've saved the slot and wont be earning in that time if you dont show up

spaniel

Visit site
Did you book another lesson and did she manage to fill your half hour slot. If yes to both then If I were the instructor I wouldnt ask you to pay.

If she was left hanging about for that half an hour Im afraid Id ask for something...perhaps half.

Most places would ask youto pay Im sure.

Tempi

Visit site
agree with others - if she managed to fill the slot and wasnt loosing out then i wouldnt expect to pay, if not id expect to pay at least half if not more.

_jetset_

Visit site
I hired out a school near me and if you cancel last minute you have to pay half of the costs! If they have people interested and have missed out on a payment they could have got then I think it's only fair they charge you a certain amount.

Bet you were gutted you didn't get there. Have you booked another slot?

Acolyte

Visit site
I'm trying to contact them at the moment to re-arrange but there is never any answer! The whole thing was just soooo frustrating.....