Would you have a lesson off a fellow HHO'er?

black_horse

Visit site
I have a lesson book for sunday off the lovely ClearLight on here and tbh im nervous as hell :p (i know she can read this too so i hope she will be uber kind to me ;) ). I am not worried about my riding skill per se, but that i dont look like a complete tit :p

So, has anyone ever had/going to have a lesson off a fellow HHO'er who they havent met previous to this forum?

And if you could, who would you like to have a lesson off? :)

Im looking forward to my lesson, as long as i remember which end of the horse to ride. ;)

Silmarillion

Visit site
PS, definitely. I'd love her insight into the ex-racer I ride!

Good luck with your lesson, I hope to see a report / pics on here after! Enjoy! :)

McNally

Visit site
Someone once came out and did groundwork with my horse when he was being a tool to lead, I guess your maybe taking a slight risk. People can be who ever they want online but yes I would give it a go, have fun x

Booboos

Visit site
No matter who you are getting a lesson from don't be nervous!!!! Just ride as you normally would and listen to what they have to suggest! I've never had a lesson from an HHOer but following a New Year's resolution I tootled along to clinics with various big names and I never regretted a single one. They were all very helpful and nice!

SpottedCat

Visit site
I train regularly with an HHOer. Has transformed my riding. I also sent them my horse to compete for a season.

sychnant

Visit site
Yes I would - well, I would if she would ride my horse for me! I don't want to embarrass myself :D

PS, if you are ever on the Welsh Borders, fancy a ride on a fat hairy pony who really can do it, just not with me on him?? Please??

(I'm not holding my breath lol, but when I am rich enough to afford transport again, could I deliver him to you for a couple of weeks so you can show me how good he can be? )

:D

black_horse

Visit site
Yes I would - well, I would if she would ride my horse for me! I don't want to embarrass myself :D

PS, if you are ever on the Welsh Borders, fancy a ride on a fat hairy pony who really can do it, just not with me on him?? Please??

(I'm not holding my breath lol, but when I am rich enough to afford transport again, could I deliver him to you for a couple of weeks so you can show me how good he can be? )

I love welshes! ;) ill just pop around the corner lol

JFTDWS

Visit site
Would depend on the HHOer, really :p There are some who could give some very good advice and would definitely be beneficial to have shouting at you. Or threatening you...

There's certainly a few I'd like to see ride the beast! :D

rhino

Visit site
I would love lessons from Auslander but don't think I could keep a straight face or any reasonable posture if she used her 'nipple eyes' instructions :D

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com
Definitely! Kerilli was my first thought, then as someone pointed out also Tarrsteps. A fellow HHOer was at my yard last week and taught me some groundwork stuff that I never knew which was great fun :) (can't remember her username sorry)

JFTDWS

Visit site
That is either a very kind offer or you are a wicked person :D

You volunteering? 'course you'd be welcome, if you didn't mind the hairiness and the proximity to the ground :cool:

I would love lessons from Auslander but don't think I could keep a straight face or any reasonable posture if she used her 'nipple eyes' instructions :D

Auslander sprung to my mind too. I'm not sure nipple eyes would have the right effect though as I might double over laughing and leave my nipple eyes looking at my thighs :eek:

Auslander

Visit site

Auslander sprung to my mind too. I'm not sure nipple eyes would have the right effect though as I might double over laughing and leave my nipple eyes looking at my thighs :eek:

You guys!!

I will teach you both nipple eyes one day! You'll love it...

JFTDWS

Visit site
JFTD and Daft Hoss are going to be teaching Mini RedMone!

It was all agreed last night! :p

She's going to jump the MOON!!! :eek:

Literally :D

Mwahahaha she would have so much fun... So would we... Just poor redmone who will be chewing her fingernails :D

redmone

Visit site
Literally :D

Mwahahaha she would have so much fun... So would we... Just poor redmone who will be chewing her fingernails :D

Naw, I'd be drunk on the floor! The ONLY way I could cope!!!

Knowing you two, you'd probably use me as a jump! Oh god what a thought!!! :eek:

loisb501

Visit site
I would...in the middle of trying to find an instructor as having problems with ruby at the moment! She is schooling well but hacking like a pleb :( started napping, god know's why as she's never actually got away with it! :( Anyone round Dundee fancy a helping out a highly strung warmblood?? haha! Called the saddler today, had the vet out last week for a check and got her teeth done so all of those boxes have been ticked! eeeek:(

JFTDWS

Visit site
Naw, I'd be drunk on the floor! The ONLY way I could cope!!!

Knowing you two, you'd probably use me as a jump! Oh god what a thought!!! :eek:

Not a bad idea.. I was just thinking I could use some new / interesting fillers (time to drag my sheep out that I made last summer methinks :D) If you'd like to pop down to mine on Thurs I will try you out under some jumps for F. I can provide copious quantities of alcohol :D:D:D

redmone

Visit site
Not a bad idea.. I was just thinking I could use some new / interesting fillers (time to drag my sheep out that I made last summer methinks :D) If you'd like to pop down to mine on Thurs I will try you out under some jumps for F. I can provide copious quantities of alcohol :D:D:D

:D Sounds like a plan!!!

I was thinking of a change in career!! Spooky jumping filler - that be me!!!

JFTDWS

Visit site
:D Sounds like a plan!!!

I was thinking of a change in career!! Spooky jumping filler - that be me!!!

Job description: Spooky jumping filler
Required skills: extreme alcoholism, strong liver (fit to take repeated alcoholic binges), startling appearance (bright wigs and clown make up can be provided).
Aggressive drunks may have future prospects in training showjumpers by "rapping" horses' legs to encourage a cleaner, tidier jump...

Think you can do it? :D