Would you look down on someone who...

frannieuk

Visit site
turned up at SJ (unaff) with a half clipped youngster??

Stupid clippers have died, I have clipped along her belly and half of her neck on one side... she looks daft
frown.gif
frown.gif

Really want to do a couple of baby classes tomorrow for experience but not sure how it will be taken!
blush.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Kick on.
Many years ago my dad put a mare right out to clip her. Stupid fool didnt realise he wouldnt be able to turn her over when hed done the one side.
We have also run a horse with a full clip, until about halfway up the neck - where it ended in a zig zag with one strip off going up to the ears.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Not at all, I went to a hunter trials with a half clipped horse. Luckily being on a big cob people tended not to laugh for fear of being ran over.

frannieuk

Visit site
Hah, reading your answers it's obviously a common occurrence!

S_K - you'd have more than a giggle, she's a skewbald and the dark clipped bits are a totally different brown to the unclipped bits!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Some years ago I had a similar problem with a chestnut pony. Clippers died just after starting the second side. He looked really weird he was chestnut with a couple of peach coloured stripes down the one side & totaly peach the other side. He remained like that for a week.

It doesn't matter about it, it's how the horse performs that is important....a good job it isn't a showing class though!

Good Luck
smile.gif
wink.gif

PS. I'm afraid I'd have to have a quiet little chuckle though.

Fransurrey

Visit site
LOL! I would personally get a T-shirt saying, 'Yes, the clippers died...'

Otherwise, ensure that you only show one side at all times. Might be tricky, though...

frannieuk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL! I would personally get a T-shirt saying, 'Yes, the clippers died...'

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had - was asked many times why I had only clipped part of one side, most people assumed that the mare is hard to clip (nothing could be further from the truth!) and only one bitchy aside overheard! Had a great time though, and very chuffed with little mare
smile.gif
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
No, my pony used to go half clipped all the time LOL

He would let you do one half and then go bonkers and lash out at everyone. Even ACP tablets & a twitch wouldn't work (we gave him 42 and he was only 14hh). Never got the vet out coz i was only young and my parents wouldn't pay for it.

I just used to make fun of it and put his show name down as something really stupid so it would make people laugh with us rather than at us.

I didn't really care though as i was still having fun
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
LOL! Absolutely not ! Trike went to a show last weekend with his clip finishing very untidily around his ears as he got fed of me faffing around near them
shocked.gif