Would you pay £8k for this?????

MrsT

New User
Visit site
I dont know anything about this breed so dont know what he would be worth, but he is absolutely stunning!

teddyt

Visit site
No way. I dont know much about the breed but i dont like its conformation at all.

Its a classic example of people advertising a horse as a lovely colour- thinking that warrants another 5k on the price! I suppose there are people silly enough to buy a horse because of its colour though.

siennamum

Visit site
Be very handy in a dressage test to have a horse which kneels. (Might actually help me lol)

Unreg so confused about why he's that price & those back legs.....oh dear.

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
Urgh, don't like the first one at all, I just don't understand, why £8000!? The second one is much nicer, but still way overpriced

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
You are absolutely right teddyt, this ad has really got me, the first horse (yes there are two of them) is advertised as an unpapered PRE - no such thing, if it has no papers it is NOT a PRE and you only have to look at its conformation to see WHY! As it stands I would not give more than £2k for it, the second horse is a partbred and looks to be skilled in tricks etc, also looks better put together so would give slightly more.

I really just wanted to show people who may be interested in spanish horses just how easily they can be duped into paying over the top, especially if it is a pretty colour.

Further down on the same site there is a mare, fully papered, fully graded, really nicely put together but is grey - I know which one I would go for!

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/6_yrs_11_mths_15_3_hh_dapple_grey_andalusian_hertfordshire/97735

reindeerlover

Visit site
IT'S YELLOW!!!! Yes I would I love yellow ones :D although if it were any other colour I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole- dodgy back legs and AWFUL long feet. Also, I'm not sure if it moves? Seems to be just stood there, I think the next pics are a different horse?

Yellow yellow yellow (sorry, it makes me excited to se a full size barbie horse!!)

lochpearl

Visit site
800 perhaps but no chance of 8k for anything unpapered!! Because in fairness you wouldn't emphasise on the fact he was PRE if you weren't trying to get a high figure, she is using that as a selling point when in fact he is not papered and probably has no history!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
800 perhaps but no chance of 8k for anything unpapered!! Because in fairness you wouldn't emphasise on the fact he was PRE if you weren't trying to get a high figure, she is using that as a selling point when in fact he is not papered and probably has no history!

Exactly! This sort of thing happens ALL the time these days :mad:

LindyLulu

Visit site
Not a chance. Pretty horse, nice colouring, but poor conformation and no papers were the main reasons.
Plus i would never be able to justify £8000 to my OH for anything, let alone a horse!

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
Do you think there is someone out there stupid enough to pay 8k?! I see from their website that the kneeling horse sold and that was up for £7200. There is also another one, a 5 yr old, just broken that is being advertised for the 'bargain' price of 8k but they say more pics to follow as it's just got off the lorry, haha!!

lannerch

Visit site
I think conparing the palomino to the grey really to me illustrates the difference between class and just colour!

Price is the only similarity, they are obviously hoping for a buyer with the words billy tatooed on their forehead!

teddyt

Visit site
Selling an unpapered, **** conformation horse for the price of a nicely put together papered one is a bit like sticking a ferrari badge on the front of a red reliant robin and advertising it for £30,000.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Do you think there is someone out there stupid enough to pay 8k?! I see from their website that the kneeling horse sold and that was up for £7200. There is also another one, a 5 yr old, just broken that is being advertised for the 'bargain' price of 8k but they say more pics to follow as it's just got off the lorry, haha!!

Sadly there ARE people out there who would pay it and as long as there are, dealers like this will make shed loads of money. As it is pretty obvious, I am passionate about this breed and dealers like this do it no favours at all!

Just wanted to add that not all dealers are like this, but did want to show how people can be duped.

ihatework

Visit site
Personally - not a chance in hell

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me at all if it sold at that price, there are plenty of people in this world with cash to burn that are easily swayed by colour and advert.

ladyt25

Visit site
Well no I wouldn't personally pay £8K for ANY horse as I think it's a lot of money. Stilll I think it looks like a nice horse, lovely colour and not that put off by it's conformation really at all - if it does the job and had a nice temperament then that's all I'd be bothered about. It's irrelevant really whether it's a purebred/ registered etc as far as I'm concerned - it's a gelding so it's not like you're going to breed from it.

If that horse is bombproof in traffic, has a fantastic nature and does the job you want then yes maybe it WOULD be worth £8K to someone. A horse that wants to please and is safe is worth it's weight in gold. There are plenty of not so attractive horses out there that people ask ridiculous prices for so i don't see this as any different.

reindeerlover

Visit site
People, I'll say it once more... IT IS A SHINY YELLOW HORSE. It looks lovely and flashy and Spanish so yes, it is worth £8k to someone who wants a horse to look fantastic on. I bet it won't look so good when it's covered in mud in a field but it's not the point. People want one that looks good, maybe not the kind of people I'd want to sell a horse to but that's just me. I'd love one that looked like that, people would stare at me for reasons other than me falling off in spectacular fashion (although maybe that too..).

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Well no I wouldn't personally pay £8K for ANY horse as I think it's a lot of money. Stilll I think it looks like a nice horse, lovely colour and not that put off by it's conformation really at all - if it does the job and had a nice temperament then that's all I'd be bothered about. It's irrelevant really whether it's a purebred/ registered etc as far as I'm concerned - it's a gelding so it's not like you're going to breed from it.

If that horse is bombproof in traffic, has a fantastic nature and does the job you want then yes maybe it WOULD be worth £8K to someone. A horse that wants to please and is safe is worth it's weight in gold. There are plenty of not so attractive horses out there that people ask ridiculous prices for so i don't see this as any different.

But conformation is an indication of how sound the horse will be for how long - so yes it is very very important. With a hind leg like this horse has soundness WILL be an issue.

I understand what you are saying regarding papers etc, however, the real issue is that this horse is being advertised as an unpapered PRE for top whack money, there is no such thing as an unpapered PRE so that is misrepresentation is it not? I notice the same agent has several listed on her website as unpapered PREs, one, a 15.1 gelding for the same money, you could buy a partbred for less than half that and a nicely bred purebred for well under that.

teddyt

Visit site
Stilll I think it looks like a nice horse, lovely colour and not that put off by it's conformation really at all - if it does the job and had a nice temperament then that's all I'd be bothered about.

Thats the whole point of having a horse with good conformation- it is more physically able to 'do the job' and will stay sounder for longer. Poor conformation = physical inability and/or soundness problems in most cases.

At 2 thousand it may be worth the risk but why pay 8 thousand when there are others for the same price with better conformation AND registered. Registering is no guarantee but it does provide a higher chance of a better quality of horse than any old heinz that someone has bred because 'they love their mare and cant ride it any more'.

Puppy

Visit site
Selling an unpapered, **** conformation horse for the price of a nicely put together papered one is a bit like sticking a ferrari badge on the front of a red reliant robin and advertising it for £30,000.

Beautifully put!! :D:D