would you pay for this service?

my bfg

Visit site
Just brewing an idea at the moment a thought I would run it past you all:

I love doing Le Trec/Handy Pony type courses with my horse, I feel it improves the bond between us and is something different to do that gets us thinking as a team. Also set them up for friends.

I like the designing and creating process, I have an engineering and woodwork background and am quite creative so make most of the obstacles myself.

My question is would you pay for someone to bring a course to your yard, set it up, explain how to do it and create a mini competition if there are a few taking part?

be positive

Visit site
Not my cup of tea but I am sure some people would be interested, the main issue I can see is your insurance cover as an instructor/ course designer/ event organiser may mean it costs more to set up the business than you will get back.

DD

Visit site
Not my cup of tea but I am sure some people would be interested, the main issue I can see is your insurance cover as an instructor/ course designer/ event organiser may mean it costs more to set up the business than you will get back.

^
this. However I do thing the idea is good. What qualifications do you have to support your idea?The whole thing would need to be on a professional footing.

my bfg

Visit site
Thank you for the replies, some good food for thought! Idea is just in the pondering stage at the moment so all advice is very much welcome :)
I will definitely source an insurance quote before putting anything else in place, I have BHS and college qualifications but I'm not a qualified instructor, would that put you off?
If the above are big issues, I could maybe just make and sell the courses if there's a market for them?

SpringArising

Visit site
Le Trec isn't my thing at all but there's definitely a market for this type of thing. Someone local to me does exactly what you describe and she does pretty well AFAIK.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I imagine there might be a market for it. Around my area there's a couple of venues that do trec training and competitions. But no one who comes to you.

Me and a friend have a lot of the trec obstacles at home anyway, we like to use it as training for our youngsters and horses of any age tbh. The things are actually very easy to make/come up with just from a lot of every day things I've found, if you can use a drill or a hammer a lot of things are easy to make also. So it might be that people who are really into trec have a lot of the things at home anyway.

I think you won't know until you try, even ask the question on some of your local FB pages maybe?