Downslands Gondalier

Dolmicinda Cusop Discipline

Part Bred Welsh 13.2hh grey show pony

Fantastic 13.2 Show Pony ready to go

Easy to do in every way

Good to box show and clip and is a real pleasure to have a round

For sale due to no jockey

£3,750
My friends little sister is getting a pony and she shows at county level just coming off a first ridden pony, child and mother like the look of this pony, it is still for sale as she rang the other day. but what do you think of it?? she is a capable little rider.

thanks in advance xx

moodymare1987

Visit site
it doesnt say, this is why i was a bit wary. she rang owner and it hasnt won anything. it has only been to one show but was for experience and didnt get placed. but i think my friends sister might benefit form something that has been proven. they said they havent had the time nor the jockey to take it out so could be genuine??

clipertyplop

Visit site
nice pony, but sounds a little bit expencive as it has no proven record, and look at the riders face she dosent look too happy...plus its only a partbred!!!!!

moodymare1987

Visit site
its 6, they said she is still a bit green but they didnt elaborate so im told. but that could mean anything couldnt it. bucking napping in ring anything. i didnt ring them or i would have asked more. but saying that its up to them what pony they choose i supose.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Do they really need to tell people thats it's 13.2hh 4 times and a show pony 3 times....

Vastly over priced IMO for something that hasn't won anything and has only been to one show.

Kermie

Visit site
I think she looks like a really nice type. Perhaps needs investigation if she has no showing record, but I think you could expect to pay £5k upwards for a county level SP with a decent showing record nowadays.

siennamum

Visit site
I think if it was my pony I would be hacked off at it's picture being on here and a bunch of strangers debating whether or not it's worth the money.

Tia

Visit site
My guess was £3,275 so not too far off the mark. Nice looking pony and if you had the wherewithall to compete it then you could be looking at a nice little investment there.

S_N

Visit site
I have to say that SP's can and do go for 10x that........... Can't comment on that one, as the angle is out.......

moodymare1987

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think if it was my pony I would be hacked off at it's picture being on here and a bunch of strangers debating whether or not it's worth the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand what you are saying but i couldnt post a link to the advert as it wouldnt have been found. ie horsequest where they are all on the same page if you get me. i didnt mean it to be quite so much as a dig at the pony i was thinking in general although didnt state is this the average price for a show pony that hasnt done anything. as trying to help friend with search for sisters pony, and wanted different opinions. as i dont have clue what show ponies are going for these days??

im sorry if i have offended xxx

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Re the ad repeating itself, this is once for the heading, once for the body text and once for the bullet points that HQ pull out to put under the photos.
I don't think the price is that bad if the pony moves well and is genuine. Some of the classes are massive and not being placed at its first show is not unreasonable. You can't really see the conformation from that photo either. If it really has the ability to go further and the new jockey is competent, then this could be a good purchase. However, if the pony doesn't move straight, has splints or other problems, then it is overpriced. Simply, you can't assess the value from a single pic!

sorona

Visit site
The pony may not have been placed if the jockey wasnt experienced enough to show it off to its full. I think it looks a striking pony, nice colour. I think whether it is worth the price tag would depend on its conformation and movement so without seeing that, you can not judge its potential fully. Not everybody shows their ponies and a fantastic pony doesnt necessarily need to have a show record as it may never have been out. Not everybody likes showing but i would be concerned with it still being a little green as if it was only used for hacking and fun stuff it should be reasoably settled at 6 but not only may it not have been shown but it might not have done a great deal under saddle at all!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Not a chance.
PB: you can't show it in breed classes at county level
not won anything.

It doesnt look that nice for the price.

YO has something similar for sale, has shown all summer (county level), qualified PUK, competed PUK, really laid back, purebred, impeccibly bred....and for half the price.

siennamum

Visit site
I can't understand why anyone has an issue with a SP/SHP being a part bred Welsh. I expect that apart from some section Bs a great many top class SHP are part bred Welsh.
You also may not be able to show in breed classes, but you can show in pb Welsh classes.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
But a purebred gives you more scope to showing, alot of shows don't have pb classes. True that many top show ponies are pb welsh but I would expect for that money and that little showing record for it to be better bred.
It IS a nice pony though!

MagicMelon

Visit site
How old is it??

Looks like a lovely pony, but to be honest for what your friend wants - maybe one which has at least been placed consistenly would be a better idea. For all you know, the pony may have thrown a massive hissy fit at its only show which is why it might not have been placed! You want one which shows it can be consistenly well behaved. Do they have any video footage of the event? If so, what that and see how the pony is.