would you pay this ?

angelish

Visit site
hi :)
ill try and keep it short

my horse has had ongoing treatment for an injury (SDFT)that happened in june last year he was referred by my vet (vet 1)to another vet at a different practice (vet 2)
he went down three time's ,once involved another vet from another different practice (vetcell/vet3) to remove bone morrow ,that couldn't be done by a vet at there practice

there were two vets from practice 2 there learning from "vet 3" taking the bone marrow ,i assumed this as there was a lot of explaining etc going on

i have paid the £250 excess to "vet 2" and thought that was that the insurance would deal with it as it was agreed in june that they "vet 2" would deal direct with them , i received a bill in jan for over £400 and kept getting bills so i started copying them and sending them to my insurance

i kept getting more bills so rang them (vet 2) up and asked why and they said my insurance were refusing to pay part of the bill :( i'd never had a letter stating this so rang my insurance and was told they were happy to pay but they were still waiting for an invoice for £400 (ish) from "vet 3" with every thing listed that they were billing for

i then rang "vet 2" back stating this and told them to send me the invoice and i'd send it to my insurance and sort it out ,they sent me an invoice with there letter heading simply for £400(ish) = not good enough for insurance as they needed a break down of what exactly they were expected to pay from "vet 3"

eventually i got a letter from insurance they were paying £200(ish) but there costs didn't cover the rest etc
so i rang "vet 2" again asking what was going on and again they said insurance were refusing to pay , rang insurance ,there wasn't a problem just needed paper work etc

now 10 month down the line the bill has suddenly gone down to £51 and we have repeated the same phone calls ,insurance refuse to pay/don't cover those costs etc

first the £51 was listed as VAT then when looked into further it was listed as VAT on a bill that had already had VAT added :confused: then after loads of phone calls etc it seems the £51 is a "surcharge" from "vet 2"
when i eventually got to the bottom of what this surcharge was, it was for them (vet 2) paying "vet 3" for there call out back in july last year

so basically they are charging me £51 for paying a bill on my behalf without asking or informing me there would be a "surcharge"

now i feel they are trying to take me for an idiot because
a- it has been 3 different amounts now on different bills
b- they kept blaming my insurance for loosing invoices that they were not sending in the first place
my insurance (south essex) have been excellent in dealing with all this and patiently talking me through bills etc on the phone

sorry that got a bit long :eek:
would you pay it or tell them to sod off ?
i'm not sure what to do ,they are not my normal vets but are were my vets refer too for lameness issues ,this isn't the only issue i had with them so would rather not deal with them again any way but will i get a bad name with vets in general i'm worried i will get a name as a bad payer even though iv'e always paid bills on time :(