would you prefer backed or not..???

lisaward

Visit site
would you prefer backed or not..???

as above if you were buying a three year old would you prefer them backed or not and if so how much difference in the price do you think it will make.

i am getting rid of some of mine next year ,over stocked and a bit down and fed up lately.
the dutch wb x hackney in my signature is three and i am not sure to send her away to back or just sell as she is,lunged had saddle and bridle on,been lent over.

PLEASE HELP ,DEPRESSED AND STRESSED OUT.!!!

severnmiles

Visit site
I prefer a completely blank canvass, halter broken and nothing else unless I've had it from a foal. They're always easier that way. I think most people prefer them broken though.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Depends on the price! If its something decent Im buying then I probably couldnt afford it when it was backed! It really depends how much you'd add. I wouldnt mind them being unbacked, but its always nice for the horse to at least have walked about with a rider on, as long as its done well.

Tia

Visit site
I always prefer unbacked. But I know that over here, most people like them backed as they are often not sure what they are doing. Plus it raises my profit if I back them prior to sale.

It will depend on the sale price but I would generally place a backed horse at a figure somewhere around 50 - 70 % more than an unbacked one. The market may be different where you are though.

Depends what you are selling - if they are expensive, potential superstars then I think you will get more money un-backed. £10k+ sort of price.
If cheaper than this and more RC type horses you'll not necessarily get more money (as no comp record) but probably more interest if backed.

I personally would want un-backed.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I would say also it depends on whether you trust the people doing the backing. I brought the new one unbacked but am paying for it to be backed professionally. I think it all depends on the indivual person and how much experience and time they have.

Me though, probably unbacked now, goad didn’t think I would ever say that!

Helenabbey

Visit site
I would prefer unbacked and I would also have preferred if you had put her up for sale a couple of months ago!
tongue.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
I would prefer unbacked as I like to start them off myself. I probably wouldnt be able to afford a decent backed horse as the prices shoot up as soon as the horse has had a rider on.