Would you pts due to financial reasons?

misskk88

Visit site
I was asking a very similar question to this forum only a few weeks ago. I would, and will make the decision to PTS based on her comfort, welfare, and also the financial cost. I expect my decision will have to come sooner, rather than later, and so I totally empathise with the thoughts running through your head right now.

I think the fact you are asking these very questions shows what a thoughtful and caring owner you are. You are putting your horses welfare first by not wanting to pass him on given his issues. Financial implications are just one aspect of the decision you choose to make (and a big fat stressful one at that), and you have every right to consider it.

I am sure that whatever you choose to do, you will do right by your horse, and as an owner that is the most kind and humane thing we can do. Thoughts are with you.

Mitchyden

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking like this and it has made me feel a lot better about having to do it if I cannot afford to finance her.

A very kind friend of mine has offered to pay my grazing rent in the short term so Lana will get a reprieve until the end of August. Fingers crossed something will come up by then or at least be on the horizon. I don't think I will have her long term as her cushings does seem to be progressing but I'd like her to enjoy a bit more of life as she's only 9.

Once again, huge thanks to you all.

indie1282

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking like this and it has made me feel a lot better about having to do it if I cannot afford to finance her.

A very kind friend of mine has offered to pay my grazing rent in the short term so Lana will get a reprieve until the end of August. Fingers crossed something will come up by then or at least be on the horizon. I don't think I will have her long term as her cushings does seem to be progressing but I'd like her to enjoy a bit more of life as she's only 9.

Once again, huge thanks to you all.

There's a post on here about soneone wanting a companion?? I can remember who the poster was now but it's only been posted in the last few days.