Would you say this mare was in foal?

Enfys

Visit site
Sky arrived yesterday
Horses.jpg
(Bask grand daughter if anyone is into arabs) and my friend promptly said she was wormy not in foal! Seller can't remember when she put her with the stallion either, maybe May, maybe June.......how far gone would you say she is? Oh, and anyone, do you know what "Breeders sweepstakes" are please? She has a certificate for that.
Horses-1.jpg

beh

Visit site
could you not do a worm count or something to eliminate the chance of it being worms?????????? then work from there

Enfys

Visit site
I could, but don't need to, have vets invoices from 2 monthes ago from Seller covering all that. Actually, I don't blame my friend, she knows where the horse came from and it looks dreadful, but in reality not a cruelty issue, horses have all the basic essentials, just overcrowded.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I don't think its wormy, I would of thought the ribs would be more prominant.
But foals only do most of there growing at 3 months before birth, the foal is jack russel size until then.

Nailed

Visit site
breeders sweepstakes sounds like a race for potential brood mares or suimmit.. LONG SHOT
get a vet to feel her to be sure...
could just be a belly.
lou x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
She's had foals before though hasn't she so her shape doesn't surprise me in the slightest, particularly being an Arab too! If you have her worming record which you believe to be correct then I think once she gets on better keep she will soon make up on her back end and neck so not look as much out of proportion as she does now.
This is Twiggy, a maiden mare when she came in the spring
5ca9c361.jpg

and this is her a month ago, due to foal in April.

S5030135.jpg

so even as a maiden she has altered a lot. Bear's mum used to be almost dragging on the floor when she was carrying but she had had 6 foals before him so some excuse. If your mare has had a few foals she will be a bit droopy too! (She's very nice though!)

BTW, would Breeder's Sweepstakes be something like the European Breedes Fund over here where mare's offspring are nominated by using an EBF stallion so they are eligible for certain prizes/races? Just a thought.