Would you try to force a non loader to load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangs

Visit site
In case this isn’t a troll post, where are you planning on moving her to? Is it close enough to take a long hack to, then take everything else in a horse box?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
So this is the OP writing about the 'quirky, dangerous horse' a few weeks ago:-
...is really quirky to ride but rock solid on the ground, my now 9yo nephew has been able to handle her on his own since he was 5yo. She utterly adores kids.
And again, the mare was able to be transported to/from the vets for an operation, this is referring to the hand over at the vets.
My mare had an operation pre covid and this was delt with in the same manner. Didn't worry me or seem any thing other than ordinary. Perhaps it's just the way they so things.

DR, you do seem to aim to rile everyone up. Do at least keep your stories straight. There is no shame in PTS due to financial issues, these are hard times. Though additionally there is another recent post where you are thinking of getting a youngster...

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Clearly you have never met a non loader. No not 'every horse can be loaded' there is no reason for her to not load. I've had her since she was 2yo and she had never left where she was born. The last time I moved her it took 6 hours and much distress to load her. She is sharp, bolshy and will not have anyone ride her if she takes offence. It's purely that I have had her so long I can manage her. In the wrong hands she would be dangerous.
Hi, Dun Roamin; bored are we? If your horse isn't fictional, she'll probably be grateful to be PTS after you've let her down so badly by making her dangerous.

It is true that I've never met a horse that didn't load, that is because I've always successfully loaded them: it's one of the reasons people pay me to train horses. If your professional made the horse worse, you need a better professional.

dorsetladette

Visit site
If I couldn't load I'd be riding it to where it needed to go. We did it years ago. We had a breaking liveries come in unhandled. When they were broken and ready to return to the owner we couldn't get them loaded, nor could the transport company. Owner wasn't willing to pay for more livery and training so they had to go home. We rode approximately 25miles steadily through some busy towns and lovely country side. They were very much traffic proof by the time they arrived home. A little tied and in need of a new set of shoes each but they were home. some times needs must.

AUB

Visit site
Force? No. Train, yes. But if the horse has several issues, behavioural problems, is old and you can’t afford is anyway, I’d say pts.

JackFrost

Visit site
You lot need to be detectives how do you work this stuff out it amazes me ?

Many members of the forum are 'clueless, thick, weirdos and freaks', but only became aware of this when LW kindly informed them.
Myself, I am a 'moron' ?. Please do not take offence if LW has not got round yet to providing you with such helpful insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.