Would you.....

WallisM

Visit site
clip a pony if it was out 24/7 with a good Newzealand rug and once clipped will have an under rug on. He is rode on a weekend and sweats up alot and suffers from girth galls.
When I say clipped I mean half his head a bit of neck, His chest and around front legs so a bit like a bib clip.
x

CastleMouse

Visit site
Yes, as your not taking off too much hair, and as long as he's well rugged it'll be fine
smile.gif

Greyhound

Visit site
I dont see why not, as you are leaving his legs and back on and you are suitably [sp] rugging him up. Is there shelter in the field too?

Hope that helps.

Gh

WallisM

Visit site
Well it's not a shelter as such it's called an over hang from my stables which has his hay heck in the corner.
Yes he will be well rugged as he is getting on now he is about 26, But doesn't look or act like it.
Suppose clipping him would make him more comfortable aswell.
Thanks for all your replies
xx

samp

Visit site
He will be fine with a bib clip - as you are also doing it for health reasons - should help the girth galls - though becareful not to nick the lumps when clipping

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Providing you don't get carried away with the clip he should be fine. Basically just clip out where he sweats the most, probably chest, neck & belly, a bid or trace clip.
smile.gif