Would you

EllieandGeorge

Visit site
Consider buying something that's maybe too green for you (just sat on 4yo) if it could turn into the horse you want and you don't have the money to buy the finished product? Would potentially send it away for a couple of weeks for schooling, but I don't have much experience with just backed horses. Thanks

wren123

Visit site
I would get a trusted professional to look at it with me and assess the horse and my riding skills to see if I was good enough. But I would only consider doing this if I could afford weekly lessons once the horse was purchased, with perhaps my instructor giving the horse some schooling if needed.

Diddleydoo

Visit site
Do you have a good instructor?

Do you have robust confidence?

Will you be able to have regular lessons?

If the answers are yes and it seems like the right horse for you, then yes I would have a go

PorkChop

Visit site
Yes, but only if I was having very regular lessons. Imho sending a youngster away for a couple of weeks schooling is a drop in the ocean. Far better spending your money on lessons.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I'm not sure you can ever know that a just sat on 4yr old will turn out to be what you want. I also think you need to have experience in spades to deal with youngsters because you just don't know what they will hold in store. A couple of weeks schooling isn't going to make a lot of difference in the great scheme of things if you aren't going to be able to do the work. If you are a great rider who hasn't backed a horse before, that's different.