Would you ....

How many times have you broken bones?

• Total voters

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
Its me with the horse that has the bar shoes on and now i have been told she is unsaleable coz she has bar shoes on. I cant see why coz she hasnt been lame since having them on. and wasnt dog lame before having them on it was only me that could tell she was lame it was so slight.

pennyh

Visit site
i voted no way then read youur explanation, i guess if i was buying for lower end & the price was very good i might consider it if she passed a vetting & the vet didn't think it was too much of a risk or if i knew the horse & its history

for big money & higher end no way , things can go wrong all too easily without buying one that already has evident potential to end up lame

Andelusional

Visit site
Hundreds of horses wear bar shoes and if she has no heel pain in the shoes, why is she unsaleable. Look at the GP classes and count the bar shoes!!!

ihatework

Visit site
I'm sorry but I put no way!
Bar shoes are normally put on a horse if there is a problem, and yes the horse might be sound with them on but whatever the issues are that made them be put on in the first place are likely to rear their ugly head again later.
The only way I could see someone buying a horse like this is if it's schooled to a high level and offered well below market price for someone to gain experience on.

Tempi

Visit site
is this the one that dishes? If she has heel pain as well then i really wouldnt get her. I didnt realise why she had bar shoes on - sounds like its masking an underlying problem.

RachelB

Visit site
I would be wary TBH. Like others have said, if there's already a potential lameness there it will definately put people off. I bought mine in egg bar shoes, she had them off last summer, now she's torn a tendon and my YO reckons she's possibly done it before hence the egg bars. So I would be doubly wary! But if the horse passes a vetting I would be less bothered. My friend's horse has egg bars on as he has a huge crack in his heel that made him very lame, but he's 100% with them on.

Doublethyme

Visit site
I voted maybe - it would depend on price (would not pay full whack for a horse in bar shoes, as to me it does denote a problem (or future problem). End of the day, it shouts out that the horse has had or is having a problem, so I do think it effects said horse's saleability/price, sorry.

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of horses wear bar shoes and if she has no heel pain in the shoes, why is she unsaleable. Look at the GP classes and count the bar shoes!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i have been told that most dressage horse have them on and warmblood

its my horse and i looking at the one that dishes he dont have then on.

Vet said she would pass a vetting just wanted to know what you thought.

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would be wary TBH. Like others have said, if there's already a potential lameness there it will definately put people off. I bought mine in egg bar shoes, she had them off last summer, now she's torn a tendon and my YO reckons she's possibly done it before hence the egg bars. So I would be doubly wary! But if the horse passes a vetting I would be less bothered. My friend's horse has egg bars on as he has a huge crack in his heel that made him very lame, but he's 100% with them on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to tell the (new)owner that no way that they would be coming of (Straight bar shoes). Shes been 100% sound since the day they went on her. she hasnt had anything bad wrong with her just low heal which the pain came from.

Doublethyme

Visit site
But bar shoes end up causing the heel area to degenerate further and can crush the heels, so the chances of her staying sound long term are possibly not great - that is what I would be considering if I was a potential purchaser, whether she passed the vetting or not.

pennyh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i have been told that most dressage horse have them on and warmblood

Vet said she would pass a vetting

[/ QUOTE ]

not so re most dressage horses weraing them in my experience i'm afraid

& no way would my vets pass a horse reliant on egg bars other than for low end dressage

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
shes not in egg bars they are for horse with navilular problems <font color="red"> </font> are just for just the low heals you dont ever need the vet to say you your horse needs them.
also she not no high level dressage horse we only do prelim and novice.
Thank you for your comments but i now know that i could sell her from ppl i have spoke to today.