Wow - Clancy on front of H&H AND a video!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/best/396/310500.html

Lucinda Green came to ride Clancy the other week (guess who was at work and missed the whole thing!) - but the article is in H&H today plus there is a video as well - which is fab. Even my mum and brother in law get into some of the shots!

Clancy is now on holiday and getting fat and hairy in the field, but it is lovely to see him doing his thing on the video!!!

dunkley

Visit site
HOW exciting! I would have been very nervous, just because, but he looks wonderful. Looking forward to reading it when it eventually plops through the letterbox!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
BIG WOWSTERS!! Just a question tho, I would say the tail was too short, but then I know nothing!! haha Explain please!! XX

Forgot to say, he looks stunning, a credit to you all! x

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
BIG WOWSTERS!! Just a question tho, I would say the tail was too short, but then I know nothing!! haha Explain please!! XX

Forgot to say, he looks stunning, a credit to you all! x

We think he suits a shorter tail, he has fab hocks, and nothing to hide! He was carrying his tail quite high on that day though - he found the whole thing quite exciting!

And a pic of him the day after Lucinda came - the horses are all roughed off after HOYS and turned away 24/7 - Clancy is wearing a rug as he had to stay up after HOYS for Lucinda to come - Phil (The Philanderer, HOYS Supreme in 2009) is the scruffy looking grey horse next to Clancy!)

IMAG1016.jpg

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Thanks for that, I knew it must be right!! We come from a military back ground and I was always screamed at if the tail wasn't so many inches below the hock!!!! lol x

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Dinger is STILL the best (thank you!) - he is mine :)

He is on holiday as well - looking a bit different to the way he looked at HOYS last month ...

dingerholiday.jpg

dingerhoys2011.jpg

He is amazing, absolutely love him! Enjoying his well deserved holiday by the looks of it. I thought he would win Supreme, but Clancy is good too. Will he go again next year? May I ask who the chestnut in your sig is? It is stunning!
FDC

Ladylina83

Visit site
lovely to see them all chillaxing - it is so important !

I went to a large 2 day 2 show weeks ago and I thought how are they managing to keep some of these horse like this when I could measure the fluff on my pair with a tape measure !

They are all stunnig btw ! .....any chance of work experiance so I can learn all your secrets ??? x

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I love seeing horses have a holiday :) I also love seeing other peoples horses covered in mud knowing I dont have to clean them :D Your horses are gorgeous :)

humblepie

Visit site
Interesting article re the way of going etc. Can remember a judge getting off my riding horse once and saying that he had done the most fabulous flying change, just a shame had hadn't asked for it. It came naturally to the horse after years of show jumping and took a lot of work to break the automatic reaction to do it.

Must admit looking at your photos, I had looked at my grey hairy mud monster yesterday and thought no one would ever think he had been to HOYS. Its brilliant that they have to time to chill.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
He is amazing, absolutely love him! Enjoying his well deserved holiday by the looks of it. I thought he would win Supreme, but Clancy is good too. Will he go again next year? May I ask who the chestnut in your sig is? It is stunning!
FDC

The chestnut cob was our first proper show horse - Carntall - he was a HW who had the best sense of humour (not!) - he was placed at HOYS and RIHS both in open cob classes and workers (he could jump a house!), then he retired, came back at the age of 18 years, was second at RIHS, qualified for HOYS (then ran away with the judge!), went to do para dressage and represented GB at the age of 20 (is our only horse with an FEI passport), and is now spending him time hacking and having a nice time. Definitely one of our horses of a lifetime -

Ridden by my son (then 7) a few years ago
bob4.jpg

At 18 years old in his last open show season
bobkeysoe2.jpg

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
The chestnut cob was our first proper show horse - Carntall - he was a HW who had the best sense of humour (not!) - he was placed at HOYS and RIHS both in open cob classes and workers (he could jump a house!), then he retired, came back at the age of 18 years, was second at RIHS, qualified for HOYS (then ran away with the judge!), went to do para dressage and represented GB at the age of 20 (is our only horse with an FEI passport), and is now spending him time hacking and having a nice time. Definitely one of our horses of a lifetime -

Ridden by my son (then 7) a few years ago
bob4.jpg

At 18 years old in his last open show season
bobkeysoe2.jpg

Now that is my stamp of a horse! Along with Dinger of course. how is Dinger bred?
FDC

rhino

Visit site
A lovely horse, just oozing class :D

I don't personally like such short tails, but appreciate that many people do not like the extremely-full-and-almost-touching-the-ground look that I like :)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Absolutely stunning, what a shame you missed it!

I have to say Clancy does not look like an easy ride, as Lucinda says, his rider is very impressive.

Jayne makes riding everything look easy - I think she can read their minds as she knows a few seconds before something is going to go wrong, so corrects it before it even happens. When people say that a horse wins a class because of who is on top - they are right - but for the wrong reasons! When you get on a horse that Jayne has just got off, the ride it gives is 20 times the ride you would get than if I (or most show riders) had just got off the horse!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
lovely to see them all chillaxing - it is so important !

I went to a large 2 day 2 show weeks ago and I thought how are they managing to keep some of these horse like this when I could measure the fluff on my pair with a tape measure !

They are all stunnig btw ! .....any chance of work experiance so I can learn all your secrets ??? x

Actually, we do have people for work experience every year - but there are no secrets (sadly) just hard work!!! Anyone wanting work experience, just let me know :)