wow kinda headpiece

Sol

Visit site
Nope, but at £50... I wont be trying it! :eek:
Honestly don't quite see how it would work? If the bit if fastened that high in the mouth that it causes poll pressure, then I'd worry anyway. If it's a bit that causes poll pressure & the horse dislikes that, then surely you'd look at alternative bits? I think releaving pressure around the ears would be more beneficial, as most headpieces I've seen have a tendancy to slip forwards & press on the base of the ear. But seeing as this design uses a normal headpiece, then has bulk further forwards than that, then surely the movement of the headpiece/bridle itself will just move the whole lot forwards, and squishy section or not, it will be applying pressure to the back of the base of the ear? Surely it makes more sense then to have something cut away not an add on? Hmm... *off to look at more bridles!*

philamena

Visit site
If you're considering £50 just for a headpiece, have you considered paying more but getting a micklem? Definitely made a huge difference for my horse who hated poll pressure, ear pressure, face pressure, nose pressure, any pressure(!!)

Tempi

Visit site
Nope, but at £50... I wont be trying it! :eek:
Honestly don't quite see how it would work? If the bit if fastened that high in the mouth that it causes poll pressure, then I'd worry anyway. If it's a bit that causes poll pressure & the horse dislikes that, then surely you'd look at alternative bits? I think releaving pressure around the ears would be more beneficial, as most headpieces I've seen have a tendancy to slip forwards & press on the base of the ear. But seeing as this design uses a normal headpiece, then has bulk further forwards than that, then surely the movement of the headpiece/bridle itself will just move the whole lot forwards, and squishy section or not, it will be applying pressure to the back of the base of the ear? Surely it makes more sense then to have something cut away not an add on? Hmm... *off to look at more bridles!*

I totally agree with you, I really dont see the point in it to be honest - all it does is add more bulk to the poll on your already existing bridle! If anything its going to add pressure not reduce it.

I also agree with releaving pressure around the ears - I would love a really nice cut-away from the ears bridle, but as yet haven't seen any that I like (or any that are cut away enough to make much difference).

fairyclare

Visit site
I ordered one at Hickstead, eventually got it a month later.......

It is huge! I tried it on my horse and it was far to wide, it actually cut into the back of her ears, made the browband too tight because the headpiece chanel that the headpiece is threaded through is too far back.
I only used it for about 15 mins before I decided that it really didn't fit and if anything was going to cause her to be sore at the base of the ears.
My horse is a big warmblood so it wasn't even a case of me trying to fit it on a small fine horse.
Also, it isn't really that padded, its actually quite hard and being new leather it is obviously stiff.

I spoke to wow who advised I returned it, I did that 2 weeks ago and am still awaiting a reply from them with a refund, I have rung them today just waiting to be called back. The customer service is shocking!!

IMHO it is not worth £50, more like £20!

kezimac

Visit site
i actually have a micklem and I use a sheepskin pad under the poll piece, was looking for a crown piece ideally thats more like the dyon difference bridle - really cut back off the ears but softly padded and just cant seem to find anything, I also have an elevator and again i would like it to sit slightly further back - tried using massive browband and now using no browband at all,

so if the wow headpeice is cr@p then does anyone know of a nice extremely cutback one??? cheers