Wow saddle and Equisoft Girth?

buddylove

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has the above combination, and how well it works?
Just taken delivery of my new WOW which I love, and would like a new girth, I really like the concept of the equisoft. I always use girths with elastic but have never used anything with central elastic. Is it likely to affect the stability of the saddle? I was veering towards the option with neoprene lining? Any advice/guidance appreciated 😊

Wheels

Visit site
Wow have advised against using a girth with elastic because the saddle trees already have a little movement so yes, I think it could make the saddle unstable.

I would go for either a sheepskin girth (mattes or similar) or one of wow's soft girths

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has the above combination, and how well it works?
Just taken delivery of my new WOW which I love, and would like a new girth, I really like the concept of the equisoft. I always use girths with elastic but have never used anything with central elastic. Is it likely to affect the stability of the saddle? I was veering towards the option with neoprene lining? Any advice/guidance appreciated ��

I have used elasticated girths with WOW saddles for over ten years without a single problem. In my experience, elastic girths only produce instability of there is too much air in the bags, which is a very common problem.

I have a central elastic one and a double ended elastic one in use at the moment. Give it a go and see.

fairyclare

Visit site
I have all 3 wow's, I use the equisoft on all of them.

2 completely different types of horse as well and in fact the big round WB is much happier in this setup, she loves the equisoft, the other one isn't any different in the equisoft/wow combo.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
I have all 3 wow's, I use the equisoft on all of them.

2 completely different types of horse as well and in fact the big round WB is much happier in this setup, she loves the equisoft, the other one isn't any different in the equisoft/wow combo.

All three? My basic count is that there are at least six seats, twelve flaps and six panels, making at the very least, size, tabs and stitch line not included, 452 different saddles possible. Which three have you got?

I've got two giant high, deep seat, dressage and one xc seat variable block custom made jump flaps and a very old resin seat deep seat dressage variable block, one without stitch line, all with tabs.

What are yours?

buddylove

Visit site
Ahh decisions decisions!! Think I will go ahead with a trial and see how we go. He is a sensitive so and so (dressed up in the clothing of a brick outhouse), and he blows out something chronic when girthing up. Just want him to be happy and comfortable (and for my husband never ever to take an interest in our bank statements) 😆

buddylove

Visit site
20170519_074830_zpskogqthdi.jpg

Here's mine, deep seat with custom VSD +1 Equitana flaps. Dark brown with nutmeg piping, cantle covering and underside of flaps in nutmeg as well. No bling for me!!! Please excuse rubbish leathers, the wow leathers didn't fit through the hole at the top on my jins, and the stubben mono leathers I ordered were a tad too long so awaiting the shorter ones to arrive. Far too much extravagance for a bog pony off a Cumbrian hillside!!

ycbm

Visit site
Stunning! Are those the blocks you can unfasten and move?

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have a dressage saddle with Equitana flaps and they are amazeballs!!

and I lust after one :p

I have wow leathers on my Jin stirrups OP, they wedge through OK with a bit of brute strength I found :)

Oh, and my wow fitter said "no elasticated girths" until he saw my Professionals Choice that I was using at the time, and then he changed his mind. I think they are fine with elastic as ycbm says.