wow saddles

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
I recently sold one for half the price I paid. Even though I only used it a handful of times. I hated it. Couldn't get my leg on, and felt too far away from my horse.

I know i'm in the minority, as most love them. But personally, I wouldn't have one if someone gave it to me.

flyingfeet

Visit site
Oh horrible question - errr do you have "chunky" thighs??
blush.gif

I only ask as I am looking into WOW saddles, but worried that the fact that my thighs meet at the top means it won't fit me!

Told they have been cut to fill the hollow in the thigh... but I don't have a hollow (all full of choccie!)

lordflynn

Visit site
love mine-my horse loves mine too
grin.gif
took a week or so to really get used to it (me-not the horse)as found the Flair a bit radical after a wintec!. Had a VSD on trial for 3 months but bought a deep seat GP with moveable blocks which is fabby.

cazcrazyjonty

cazcrazyjonty.tripod.com
I dont like them u feel u are miles away from the horses sides and the flair in them isnt the same as the flair in Sue Carson saddles it has too much air in and it not soft for the horse.

Doesnt do the horses bad any good

I know 3 people who have had wow saddles and the horses backs are damaged to these saddle.

but it is up too u!!!!

lordflynn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like them u feel u are miles away from the horses sides and the flair in them isnt the same as the flair in Sue Carson saddles it has too much air in and it not soft for the horse.

but it is up too u!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

erm-its true that you feel a little above the horses back in them but the very design means your thighs are much closer due to the single flap and the way its tailored to your seat/leg.

the Flair in a WOW is in no way hard and its adjustable so not sure how there can be too much air unless not fitted properly-trust me, my horse is very sensitive and this is the only saddle out of many we tried that he 'liked'.

and yes, its up to me! not every horse will take to them but that goes for almost any type of saddle. I chose one as he's a baby-it will adjust with him, he's short backed which they an accomodate and most importantly he likes it and I like it.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I've heard (though this was a while back so perhaps the saddles have been developed further since then) that they suit TB types (more defined withers) better than cobs.
Also, do you think that on a narrow TB the 'can't get leg on' feeling would be less?
I'd loooove to try one on PF, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon!!

siennamiller

Visit site
they are fab for horses backs. My horse has had loads of problems but he has got better and better with this saddle. They have a larger weight bearing surface than a western saddle, the flair shoud be nice and soft.
It does take a while to get used to them, you need to ride in it quite a bit but I love mine. Keeps me in a great position (esp legs)

lordflynn

Visit site
have no experience of using them on cobs-theoretically they should fit everything!
I dont understand this 'cant get leg on' thing as what I like about it is the feel you get from the single flap!? I have no problem using weight/seat aids with my horse but maybe you would with something less sensitive.
I have the GP-the only thing I was told bad was that I may not be able to jump big drops (never going to happen intentionally!) which is why they bought out the XC version. Also I may find it difficult to jump tracks of 3'9-4ft (have deep seat though-could buy flat seat) which is highly unlikely. If I ever get that good I'll treat myself to another!

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
so vets have said flair and wow saddles are not good for horses backs. i have to admit i have heard this before something to do with the head at the front can cause them to get sore sometimes, but will be very careful. Not come across anyone with one that has caused this yet. but interesting your vet says that

mrussell

Visit site
Ive also answered you in one of the other forums.... but Ove got the WOW deep seat with fixed block jumping flaps set in the backwards position (so its more of a forward cut GP).
Ive got thick thighs and feel closer to my fella on the supersoft panels than on any other kind of saddle. He is a TBX with a flat wither with a croup high body that narrows towards the front end, a bit like a traffic cone.

My WOW fitter spent ages getting the fit spot on - and it doesnt rub bounce or rub. Its AMAZING. And it totally custom built so can be changed to fit any horse in any discipline.

Nari

Visit site
I've had mine for over a year & love it. My horse (ID) goes well in it & is far more relaxed than in other saddles - to say he's sensitive to saddle fit is putting it mildly. He was in a Flair flocked saddle before I got the WOW - I changed it because he outgrew it - & although he liked it he was noticably better in the WOW.

I get his back checked every 6 months or so & have never yet had a problem, in fact his muscle development & straightness is often commented on.