wow !

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Some of you may remember my previous post on my mare being particularly stroppy (out of the blue - normally totally chilled out horse) . I had her checked by the vet and she passed with flying colours. So I decided to put her on a calmer to see what happened. Normally a chilled out horse anyway apart from this strange stroppiness with people and horses - she has gone completely the other way! So relaxed - unbelievable. Bottom lip hanging down, taking no notice of haynet etc. I took her up the field and by accident the gate crashed behind me - Bracing myself for her to shoot forwards was surprised when she didn't bat an eyelid. Normally she tries a good nap on hacks (something we're still working on) and spooks at things too, and she didn't do anything. It didn't stop her energy in her canter or anything which I thought it might. When all the other horses jumped on the yard at something she didn't flinch. I'm liking this calm stuff - but what does it do and how does it work? She's only been on it a week - didn't expect it to work that quickly!! She's on oestress - the stuff stinks and at first she didn't like it in her feed - anyway of getting round that problem? I only introduced it gradually so actually gave less than recommended dose - just because I believe you should do changes to feed gradually. LOL - , she is sooo chilled out
smile.gif

Bossdog

Visit site
I'm not sure how it works, but what a great result!! I think theres definatly something behind these ehrbal remedies. Perhaps she was coming to the end of a season anyway and it was coincidence? It could also be psychological, perhaps it has reduced any tension you have had and in turn reduced hers.... either way, something is working so well done!!