WTF... some people are either living in cuckoo land or can't read?!

LauraBR

Visit site
My phone has rung ever sinced I placed my horsemart ad (been surprised) and until now all the callers have been pro SJers or pro eventers (good, means I got the ad right?)

THEN, OMG- had call from teenager who was looking for a horse for her and her sister. She was a nervous rider (??!!!) but her sister wasn't and had asked her to call. They hadn't had a horse since they sold their BSJA ponies 18 months ago but had been riding an ID who bucked so were confident they'd be ok. Told her he was as good as sold- not put off, wanted to come and see him. Told her he needed pro home- she said she was on pro yard- has horsewalker and xc and everything (because that will help?!)

I laid it on thick and even EXAGERRATED how bad Fal is (added a few laps to the rodeoing etc etc). No no, she thought they would be fine- after all they had a horse who took off with them and through love and care and patience they saw him through- felt Fal just needed someone to get to know him and he'd be fine. (DAMN- all this time an effort and all I had to do was show some love... OK THEN)
confused.gif
. Explained that I had invested a lot in love and patience and what he actually needed was someone to take no s*it with a superglue bottom and no fear.

STILL she begged to come and see him. OMG?!

In the end I told her I didn't mean to sound rude but could not in all conscience consider selling to her. She still begged- said they had no horse to compete and didn't have much money and Fal was SO beautiful and talented and they could afford him.

Ended the call saying YES, he is beautiful, YES he's bred well BUT he is the price he is for a bloomin good reason.

As she tried to leave her number I wished her luck finding her horse... she thanked me for my honesty bless her.

Honestly!!!!??!!!! The mind boggles? Do people REALLY have such unrealistic ideas about their own abilities? Scary scary....

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Unfortunately you will get many people who will try Fal thinking they can handle him. Your advert's honest, but people are so blinkered. People are determined that they can ride 'anything' because it's cheap.

Haflinger

Visit site
Silly girl! Some people will think that though...give the horse a cuddle and everything will be alright...As If!
Good luck in selling him xx

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
People are determined that they can ride 'anything' because it's cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, and actually I've been surprised that I've only had the one call out of the many to fit that category. All the rest clearly knew what they were talking about- very specific about dealing with horses like him.

RunToEarth

Visit site
seriously lst, you should have seen the lady that brought her child to see speedy last week. And my ad says, not a novice ride as can buck. I had to ask her to get off of him...

Kelly1982

Visit site
You should of let them come and try him and then when he bucked her off you could of given her a bif fat 'I told you so' ha ha. Or am i just horrible
crazy.gif

The mind does boggle sometimes but at least you have has a few serious callers that actually do know what they are talking about so your obvioulsy doing something right.
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I feel quite sorry for them to be honest... they obviously desperately want a horse but don't have the funds for one unless there is an 'issue' with it! But even then, it's just not worth putting your confidence at risk for it.

Glad to hear you've had some interest!

JM7

Visit site
typical of a lot of buyers ATM...

i know we all like a "bargain"...but offering a seller to deduct 2/300 quid from asking price because the prospective buyer is A coming from over 70 miles away
or B i only have X to spend..is taking the P!!

and i also agree 100% that a lot of folk these days believe their ability is way above the actual level....trouble stemming from the fact that there are not enough good riding schools anymore........

melv1lle

sams-progress.blogspot.com
As a matter of interest what did the advert say - is it on H&H if I look?

I am always amazed that some people over sell their abilities with horses. Always seems a good way to land up in a lot of trouble!