Wwhat do you love?

jacks_mum

Visit site
Following on from Chambons post on What gets your goat - what do you love about riding and horse owning?

I love:

The smell of the air early in the morning.
The smell of my horses.
The bond I have with them.
Having a good canter.
when my mini shetland pushes me over, pins me down and cuddles me.
those funny little noises they make when they hear you arrive in the morning, little whickers, snuffles and giggling noises.

tigers_eye

Visit site
A bloody good gallop early in the morning, whatever the season. Best place for this was when I lived in Wilts and went up on the hills beween Maidon Bradley and Kingston Deverill. Could see Longleat though the mists, and most of Wilts!

Watching horses play in the fields.

Pulling off a decent canter half-pass to flying change, there's just something about that movemment.

Knowing that a horse trusts me, and the process of gaining that trust.

My gelding in avatar used to do what I call huffles - he's bury his head in my armpit and make little noises.

Greyhound

Visit site
I love the way my horse always tries to help me out.
Having a good canter patting her neck and slowing up.
Giving her a good groom and watching her face and her grooming thin air.
Hacking her out seeing her ears so pricked forwards.
The look on her face when she sees a jump.
They way she nuzzles me and lets me hold he head and me whispering in her ears.

Gh
grin.gif

ClareMc

Visit site
Lots of the things people have already said

but also getting my little yard looking really clean and neat and tidy. Does'nt happen very often as never enough time to get everything done but neat, clean feed/tack room. Lovely stables with new beds and haynets up and water in ready for horses to come in and the front all beautifully swept.

No feed/water buckets left out in the field and no bits of grooming stuff and headcollars left hanging about. Bliss.

Strange things is my house is always a tip and I could'nt care less.

Kelly1982

Visit site
There are too many things to mention but i love it when my horse is pleased to see me and neighs or comes trotting over in the field.

I also like the feeling of knowing my horse is starting to trust me and we're getting a bond with each other.

Having a really good hack and both coming back with big smiles on our faces.

pottamus

Visit site
For owning a horse it has to be that bond that is built up over time. I love horses smell and their individualism too.
For horse riding it can only be the freedom...just you and your horse...no thinking about work, money, people, jobs that need doing etc. The time I spend riding is MY TIME and no one will take it from me...it is too special.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I love the Christmas Morning ride with my OH. Doing all the work, then going out for a lovely mooch around the forest. Getting back and giving Doll and Mac some guiness in their special Christmas Day dinner.

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I love going to the yard at the crack of dawn, especially when I have a day off work and I don't have to rush around. I can give my boy lots of cuddles, give him a good groom and just spend time with him.

I love burying my head in his neck and smelling him.

Going out for an "adventure hack" (ie somewhere we havent been before).

Coming back from a hack, taking my feet out of the stirrups and letting Brads mooch back to his stable.

Scratching his ears and watching his eyes go funny cos I've hit the right itchy spot.

threeponies

Visit site
getting the stable ready each day in winter, then seeing them come in and knowing that thet are fed and cosy.
And my Shetland saying please for his dinner.

sammys ma

Visit site
Cantering through the fields, looking down and seeing Bob's mane and feathers flying in the breeze........also cantering on sunny days when you can watch your shadow follow you along ..and think ..WOW, that's me onboard!

Coming back from a hack , both relaxed and on a long rein, plodding back on to the yard....makes me feel like I never want to get off!

Summer days, sitting in the field and watching them graze, hearing the sound of crickets.....

The smell of leather tack, and the smell of horse.

After spending about 2 - 3 hours bathing him, and making his mane , tail and feathers whiter than white...it all seems worth it when we get admiring glances and comments!

tuscanyD

Visit site
I love the fact that I feel so lucky to have her every time I get on my mare. In spite of her physio limitations she's still the horse I love riding most. And I've ridden lots.

miss_bird

Visit site
crumbs where to start, sitting in the fields watching my girls munching, relaxing and just being horses.
The smell of the horses better than any perfume (i think not to sure of everyone else when i pop to the pub smelling of horse).
Hacking down a quiet country lane when it feels like there is just you and your horse in the whole world.
When winter starts and the clean rugs go on and they look so lovely then watching them go out into the field and roll in the muddiest pactch.
I could go on forever, so basicaly just everything about horses really

MagicMelon

Visit site
I like that one horse I have neighs like hell in the morning begging for me to get up and give him his breakfast.

Galloping round a cross country course, jumping insane fences which your horse only does because you both trust each other! And even if things get a bit dodgy, we know each other so well we can always help each other out.

One horse, when Im grooming him, turns his neck round and like pins me to his shoulder with his head in my arms having a good cuddle. Its so sweet! Especially from a horse who can be a bolshy bugger a lot of the time!

When one of my horses gets over-excited and bucks doing his funny little nickers. And that wherever he goes, he IS centre of attention!

When my other horse tries so hard for me, like yesterday in a SJ lesson - he just did everything I asked of him perfectly.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
PICK 'N' MIX!!!!
My dear sweet ponios
Beach riding
That cute blinky thing the ponies do at night when I turn on the lights
Erm, loads more, haven't the energy to list them
tongue.gif

kat
xx

vivhewe

Visit site
I love:

Riding Dan when he's relaxed and behaving and the weather's nice - just a long walk out that doesn't require a lot of effort on my part but plenty of views!
smile.gif

The smell of my boys when I give them a cuddle. Their manes in my face.

Having horsey stuff everywhere in my house instead of girly stuff!

When I'm upset Taffi knows it and always makes me smile

The memories I'll keep forever of Carrie - she was a horse in a million and gave me so much even when I got it wrong sometimes. I'll always cherish the last time I hugged her (crying now thinking of it lol!) and the night I thought would be her last and we stood in the field in the dark watching the stars.

When my two boys follow me around the field, and just owning them in general - I'm so lucky!
smile.gif

The beauty of the horse that nothing else even comes close to. Even watching them grazing in a field is better than anything in an art gallery or anything like that
smile.gif

jacks_mum

Visit site
"The beauty of the horse that nothing else even comes close to. Even watching them grazing in a field is better than anything in an art gallery or anything like that "

so well put.

your memories of Carrie brought a tear to my eyes - well more than one actually.

vivhewe

Visit site
Aw I didn't mean to make you cry!
crazy.gif
wink.gif

I miss her loads and loads but I'm thankful for the time we had together - it's all I can be! If I never saw a horse again I'd be luckier than most for having had her
smile.gif

viv x