WWYD -Livery Issues

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Honestley?? I would have it PTS and message her saying it broke it's leg going through the fencing and as you couldn't contact her it had to be done on humane grounds, It will cost you the knacker money but well worth it to be rid, no one is going to want such a pony and you'll be stuck with it trying to rehome it. I really feel for you, some people are just assholes.

It sounds very easy doesn't it no one really wants to put healthy horses to sleep really do they, even if it is a total pita and the owner us an arse hole it's not an easy pleasant thing to do.

Trouper

Visit site
It sounds very easy doesn't it no one really wants to put healthy horses to sleep really do they, even if it is a total pita and the owner us an arse hole it's not an easy pleasant thing to do.
Quite so - and so not the horse's fault but they often end up carrying the can for an incompetent owner - and that is putting it politely.

Ish2020

Visit site
It a awful position to be in but I hope everything want okay for op I genuinely do but my gut is telling me the owner turned up and caused a massive fight . If I was you I would have want to small clams court get the horse removed and get your money back considering you don’t have a livery contract. It extremely difficult to make abounding notice without a livery contract that will stand up in a court. It not as easy as some people are talking about. I hope op got legal advice before doing something as drastic.

little_critter

Visit site
It a awful position to be in but I hope everything want okay for op I genuinely do but my gut is telling me the owner turned up and caused a massive fight . If I was you I would have want to small clams court get the horse removed and get your money back considering you don’t have a livery contract. It extremely difficult to make abounding notice without a livery contract that will stand up in a court. It not as easy as some people are talking about. I hope op got legal advice before doing something as drastic.
Surely abandonment is abandonment. If someone dumps their horse on my lawn there will be no livery contract but I would want rid via an abandonment notice.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Last edited:

teddypops

Visit site
An abandonment notice is issued for horses that have been abandoned. You definitely don’t need a livery contract to issue one. If you did, what about all the dumped and fly grazed horses? The OP did take legal advice and followed procedures correctly. It’s all in the above posts.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Sorry everyone. Pony left yesterday evening with the 'dealer' I use that term very loosely. He was the loveliest gent. He brought a young girl (mid teens) and her mum. They looked at the pony in the light of mine and his headlights. Walked her up and down, picked all her feet up. Plonked the girl on with head collar and 2 lead ropes to plod round the paddock. Big beaming smiles. 'Dealer' offered the mum/daughter to either have the pony for what I had agreed with him and do passport, feet, get fit themselves while liverying at his place or he could do that and the price would be considerably more.

So, the mare is now a mother/daughter share and will be overlooked/supervised by the old man. He also said if it didn't work out he would help them sell her on. So a happy ending for her it seems. And I don't feel too guilty as she is already loved my a young girl.

dorsetladette

Visit site

deleted - I don't need to have this discussion now.

Must of been knackered after jumping to all those conclusions though :p

Visit site
deleted - I don't need to have this discussion now.

Must of been knackered after jumping to all those conclusions though :p
Yes, but it was worth it to get “small clams court” - a mental picture to treasure

I’m so glad that you’ve got a happy ending. Great job getting such a good outcome from such a bleak situation.