WWYD -Livery Issues

Polos Mum

Visit site
It's Friday today so you can catch back up on the gin this evening.

This is a great example to anyone stuck in the same situation. A clear but simple BHS process to follow and a phone call to a well regarded local dealer and the problem is resolved. Perhaps if more of us were this proactive then these people wouldn't get away with it for so long.

The only sad part is you have had your fingers burned so someone nice misses out on a nice livery and you'll have to find other hacking buddies. When it happened to me it was 5 years before I could share my excess grazing with anyone else!

Cowpony

Visit site
Well done OP!! That pony being abandoned on your land was probably the best thing that ever happened to it!

Just be presided for the previous owner now flooding Facebook with 'stolen posts and slagging you off. That's what usually happens! I just hope that woman won't get any more horses to neglect.

Looking forward to the "help trace my horse" posts on the other HH forum ?

dorsetladette

Visit site
It's Friday today so you can catch back up on the gin this evening.

This is a great example to anyone stuck in the same situation. A clear but simple BHS process to follow and a phone call to a well regarded local dealer and the problem is resolved. Perhaps if more of us were this proactive then these people wouldn't get away with it for so long.

The only sad part is you have had your fingers burned so someone nice misses out on a nice livery and you'll have to find other hacking buddies. When it happened to me it was 5 years before I could share my excess grazing with anyone else!

I have to say I didn't really ant to keep giving my money to the BHS and have liability insurance through Harry Hall, but the BHS have earnt their membership fee this last couple of weeks.

I'm going to have to get another pony for company for B1 soon any way as he will be on his own (with his sheep) and I don't like that if I can help it. So I may look for a sharer for B1 (he's a look after his rider kind of boy) and get a little native for me to bring on an ride.

There's a few small yards/fields with stables I ride past to get to our good hacking so I'm going to pop my head in and see if anyone fancies a hacking buddy on the weekends.

OH is adamant he doesn't want another livery. I think I'll leave the idea until the spring now and rest the fields as much as possible.

9tails

Visit site
Well done OP!! That pony being abandoned on your land was probably the best thing that ever happened to it!

Just be presided for the previous owner now flooding Facebook with 'stolen posts and slagging you off. That's what usually happens! I just hope that woman won't get any more horses to neglect.

Yes, just point us in that direction! I'm sure we can get her back in her box.

dorsetladette

Visit site
The support on this thread has been amazing and its a little overwhelming how a group of strangers have got behind me like this. We (I consider myself part of HHO now) are a truly amazing bunch. I know its only a few words on a screen to most people, but honestly thank you so so much I really couldn't have done this without your support.

shamrock2021

Visit site
That’s brilliant news I now it stinks for you but It probably was the best thing that happened to the pony. Let’s hope the old owner won’t track the pony down . Your going to bad mouthed on Facebook Unfortunately and the previous owner will mark the horse is stolen.

mossycup

Visit site
Well done OP. It sounds like the 'dealer' will sort the pony out with some manners and she'll end up being a cracking friend for her new owners. I'm just in disbelief that her owner could let her go like that

Baywonder

Visit site
Its a bit nice isn't it. I'm pleased I've stuck to my guns now. A girl got a chance to love a pony and a pony got a chance to be loved by a young girl.

Oh crumbs - I'm going to start crying in a minute! This could quite easily be made into one of those horsey films where a pony isn't wanted by it's horrible owner, a young girl is desperate for her own pony, and the two are brought together by fate (AKA @dorsetladette :))