WWYD -Livery Issues

cauda equina

Visit site
Yup, it's a classic pony book plot - A pony for (insert child's name here)
Oh crumbs - I'm going to start crying in a minute! This could quite easily be made into one of those horsey films where a pony isn't wanted by it's horrible owner, a young girl is desperate for her own pony, and the two are brought together by fate (AKA @dorsetladette :))

SashaBabe

Visit site
So pleased to read the update. Well done for sticking to your guns. I'm so glad the pony did not go back to her previous owner. Hopefully she will be happy in her new home, with people who love her.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Oh crumbs - I'm going to start crying in a minute! This could quite easily be made into one of those horsey films where a pony isn't wanted by it's horrible owner, a young girl is desperate for her own pony, and the two are brought together by fate (AKA @dorsetladette :))

Just need some black beauty/national velvet music :p - I'm pretty sure its not going to be all plain sailing as mare can be an arrogant so and so, but looks like mum and daughter have good support in the 'dealer' who is an old fashioned sort so will no doubt not stand for any nonsense from the mare.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Just need some black beauty/national velvet music :p - I'm pretty sure its not going to be all plain sailing as mare can be an arrogant so and so, but looks like mum and daughter have good support in the 'dealer' who is an old fashioned sort so will no doubt not stand for any nonsense from the mare.

Never waste a good story ! You can always have a sequel to ' The Horse That Nobody Wanted '.
I'm thinking ' The Taming of XXXXXXX ' which tells the story of how they form a partnership and over come all the odds to win the gold medal !
Have you given any thought as to who is going to play the part of you , dorsetladette ?

chaps89

Visit site
I think this is the best possible outcome all round.
Well done OP for sorting it out, I hope you're proud of yourself for handling it so well. I think the mare is much better off for this, and I'm glad you've got your expenses covered too, which I suspect you wouldn't have ever seen from the previous owner.
I hope you manage to find a nice hacking partner soon :) (I nearly typed pudding partner, as I'm waiting for pudding to cook and apparently can't multi task...)

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Fab! Well done for sticking to your guns! Sounds like a good outcome for all.
Did you hear from the old owner at all? (I’m nosey, feel free to disregard this question!)

Lois Lame

Visit site
my alcohol consumption was poor by anyone's standards. Poured a large glass of G&T had a sip sat down and fell asleep - glass was still on the coffee table this morning.

Aw... and best sleep you've had for ages I think. Please give yourself a big pat on the back from all of us (but don't do yourself a mischief in the process). :)

TPO

Visit site
Sorry if I've missed a post or two already explaining this. I know the abandonment notice was served and the owner was a no show several times after that. Does owner know that horse was being moved on/has gone? Just had a vision of ex owner eventually arriving expecting horse to still be there.

I'm so glad pony got their own little girl ?

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Just caught up on this thread, haven't had a chance to follow it since the first couple of pages. What a brilliant outcome, really happy for you, the mare and her new owners.

Would just like to say that not all cheap DIY liveries are bad. I've got one who's super, she's lovely, reliable, and hard working. I got a livery for the company, as I really didn't want to be responsible for 2 horses myself again, and it's worked out brilliantly, we do opposite ends of the day so I only have to go once most days, we cover for each others holidays and sickness, and we do also ride together. She'd advertised on FB and we had a mutual friend so I called her up first to get the low down on her ??

dorsetladette

Visit site
Sorry if I've missed a post or two already explaining this. I know the abandonment notice was served and the owner was a no show several times after that. Does owner know that horse was being moved on/has gone? Just had a vision of ex owner eventually arriving expecting horse to still be there.

I'm so glad pony got their own little girl ?

I told owner I was going to rehome but I didn't give any specifics. I've not heard from her since the last no show. I'm not chasing her now. If she contacts me I'll explain. I still have grooming kit and what not so she may want that stuff back at some point. Who knows.

cauda equina

Visit site
I told owner I was going to rehome but I didn't give any specifics. I've not heard from her since the last no show. I'm not chasing her now. If she contacts me I'll explain. I still have grooming kit and what not so she may want that stuff back at some point. Who knows.
She probably breathed a sigh of relief and poured herself a large gin!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
OH is adamant he doesn't want another livery. I think I'll leave the idea until the spring now and rest the fields as much as possible.

When I read the first post on this thread, I would never have guessed that only a little over 2 weeks later I would be reading about such a fairytale ending.

a012.gif

However, about your OH, and a new livery. Although I can really understand that he feels the way he does about it, on the other hand, what is it horse people say, If you fall off, it is better to get back in the saddle as quickly as possible, because the longer you wait, the harder it gets...

Polos Mum

Visit site
Nothing at all. Really odd to be honest. Not seen any hate posts on Facebook or anything.

Wow - I wonder if she secretly raised a glass of gin to you for sorting out her problem for her.

Such a shame, as I'd bet if she'd have come round months ago and told you she wasn't coping. That you'd probably have helped her sell the horse in exactly the same way as eventually happened. But without the ulcer for you !!