XC boots for cobby legs?

tootsietoo

Visit site
I've been eventing my Welsh D hunting pony this summer. As I have only hunted for the past 15 years I barely own any boots, and haven't bought any xc boots since those fluffy blue Clarendon boots were the in thing about 25 years ago! But I think it's about time I got him some leg protection. He is very careful, but I would kick myself if he did hurt himself on a fence.

I have been googling and perusing tack shops, but I'm completely boggled by the choice and the technology (air flow, non shatter strips etc etc). Also, as pony is only 14.2, with short but proper cob legs, I don't know if any of them will be built to fit him. I don't want to get boots which are too long and dig into the back of his knee or stop his fetlocks moving properly. But they have to be big enough to go round the bone.

Can anyone recommend which ones I should try?

Thanks a lot

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Frank (14.2 welshie) has really short cannons so restricted heightwise. I used NEW equine wear xc boots in a small and they just joined round spot on (I think they have actual dimensions on their site).
http://polypads.co.uk/product/x-country-boot-lite/

That was for front, had some PE ones for hinds but they slipped so used to just use brushing boots :)

Currently trying to decide whether to get rid of mine as pony has retired and unsure if any possible future ones may or may not fit them as they are rather expensive new!