XC boots

Marquire

Visit site
I bought some woofwear XC boots at the end of last season and did a couple of days training in them and they were great.l However, on neither of these training days did we go into the water.

This weekend I went to my first training session of the year and the bloody boots slipped down massively after I'd been in the water. The front ones were fine but the back ones looked like Grumpy Boy was doing a Nora Batty impression.

Is it just me or has anyone else found this? Also can anyone recommend another make which do not do this which I can buy for his hind legs?

Thankies!

Hattikins

Visit site
prolites dont slip, nor do Eskadron XC boots
wink.gif
I went XC schooling yesterday and one girl in my group had clarendon boots on her horse and they slipped enormously after going through water, as did a pair of N.E.W boots on another girls pony.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Mac wears N.E.W XC boots and they dont slip.

And Spider wears Eskadron XC boots and they dont slip either.

Have also used the sabre leather ones and non of them have ever slipped
smile.gif

poggio

Visit site
I use prolites on the front which I love... and have the N.E.W competition boots on the back... but the prolite hind boots are good too. Never had problems with slipping

Quite expensive but one of the best makes around is Style xc boots, front and back. The majority of people that I've worked for have used these, never move, great protection, wash well etc

KatB

Visit site
Prolites all the way IMO. Style Boots are great, but not as lwt as alot of makes out there, and they can rub as grit etc can get into lining and rub around the edges of the boot. Never had that problem with Prolites.

lettie_rulz

New User
Visit site
Eskadron XC boots are amazing! .. Bomber always wears them, front and back .. they've never slipped, rubbed or moved an inch! He always wears the Eskadron Tendon boots for showjumping - equally as good! And the sheepskin makes them look great!

ecrozier

Visit site
Funny, I've never had a problem with Clarendons slipping? we don't do masses of eventing but regularly ride through water at sponsored rides etc and when we have done XC lessons/courses, they always seem to have stayed very well? Guess it depends on how they fit your horse a bit.
E.x

samp

Visit site
I was wondering where do you get Style boots from? I have tried to find them, if they did air vented ones I would be very interested

eventergirl87

Visit site
N.E.W boots are good, prolites, .......... and dalmar (is that the spelling....) all horses at work XC in them no problems
smile.gif

The fit is very important, oh and wouldnt use any boots with a lineing that would take in water etc... sheepskin etc....