XC horse in the making :p New pony update !!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Sorry no pics ! Weather has been awful but I will get some as soon as possible :)

So finally after a 20h journey my new horse arrived :) He walked off the lorry and honestly didn't look like he had just travelled from the UK to France ! Straight into the stable and he put his head straight down to eat hay! He's not even 3, never been in a stable and he just took it in his stride :) Checked on him again about half an hour later and he was still munching happily on hay. Yesterday I took him down the lane to stretch his legs and for a bit of a bonding session :) He was so chilled, you wouldn't have guessed that he had never been there before, I came back with a huge grin on my face. It may of been a 10min walk, but it felt like a huge achievement :p !!

Today the weather was better so we decided it would be a good idea to let him go out in the field...let him out and he trotted about feeling rather proud of himself (LOVE his trot!!). I watched him for about 20 mins and hte he settled down and started munching on grass.

An hour later we went out and couldn't see him anywhere...we looked into the field where the other horse is, thinking he might have jumped towards the horse, nope. We caught a glimpse of a naughty bay nearly 3yr old in the farmers field :eek: so hopped over the fence and started to look for how he had got out! Well the only things we found were a set of hoofprints on one side of the fence and another set on landing !!!!!!!! 3ft 6 high with a ditch on the other side !! we had to get him back into his field, and the only way apart from walking him right across the farmers field (about 20 acres :eek:) was for him to jump back into the field, not ideal but had to be done.

So baby pony proves that he is definatly going to be an eventer, not scared of new things and can definatly jump :p !! But needless to say we are re-fencing tomorrow, so hopefully no more great escapes!!

Will update with pictures soon, I promise !! Can't wait to show him off properly :) I'm a very very happy person at the moment!!!

sorry for a bit of a pointless post just in love with my new boy :)