XC trainers in Devon

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Can anyone recommend and XC trainers in Devon - we are Okehampton so from Exeter to Launceston really. We are happy to travel so distance from us about an hour. I am wanting to find someone who is actively competing or has competed to advanced level. I would like to hear of personal experiences with the trainers and contact details much appreciated. Many thanks

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
um, crissy bleekman does training sessions at pontispool.. theres a guy aswell (well known eventer) but i cant remember who he is.... rodney powell maybe??

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Prob. easier to say which XC course you're willing to travel to..
Winkleigh? Pontispool? Stockland Lovell?
I've competed to Adv. level
wink.gif
haha, but am prob. a crap teacher
tongue.gif
so can recomend my trainer if you want, who is brill!!!!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
any of those courses MDS. Trouble is I need a trainer who I believe in. I have had people before who can teach but can't demonstrate so if I have a problem I want them to get on and show me it's just me who is crap - not my horse. I also want someone at that level as they have the knowledge and experience to assess and link training so they can work on my flatwork if that is what is letting my XC down and vice versa. I am sure you are not a crap teacher at all but a brill teacher would be fantastic as long as they are prepared to teach someone who has evented at Novice level but having had some bad experiences needs to gain confidence again through the lower levels.

Someone suggested Terry Boon - any opinions on him? contact details etc.

ajf

Visit site
Caroline Creigton is really fab, shes based with the Wiegesmas at Warren (Hatherleigh) so not very far away. Not sure if she would personally get on the horse though. She was very busy before Badders but her timetable may have got quieter now.
Terry is really ace on the flat but don't know for jumping, but would asume it would be up to scratch!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Andrew Lovell, who is Okehampton I think, is fabulous, has ridden to a v high level and gives a lot of confidence whilst being very hot on technical stuff. I really rate him, he's super. He's ridden to advanced eventing and a pretty high level in dressage too. I plan to go to either him or Bill Levett for some intensive training when I get my horse back.

From the BHS directory online:
Mr A Lovell BHSI
01837 840648/ 07768 825857 lovellgizmo@btinternet.com
Glendale, Sticklepath, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 2NG

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Can 2nd Andrew. I have lessons with Andrew and its such simple stuff yet it really works and my horses always go amazingly in his lessons. My horse is really tricky yet he has so many tools in the box to try and one of them usually works. I also can be very down on my riding and a lesson with him gets you both really working as a partnership and confident.

emsy

Visit site
caroline is amazing!!! they've got a massive school @ warren and she does some amazing exercises 2 help you!!!she's def worth a try