YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

_daisy_

Visit site
Just got to tell you all my good news. Cant stop smiling.
grin.gif
grin.gif

As some of you are aware ive been having a few problems with Chantin over the last few months - even to the point of me considering selling her as I thought I was ruining her and that she would benefit from someone better.
Since having been off work due to the head throwing since the middle of August, shes had her back checked and there was nothing wrong. Had the vet to check her over and he cant find anything wrong with her either (except I dont think he could find her brain
wink.gif
tongue.gif
)

I decided to change her routine (which statred 10/09/06), shes now stabled on a night, in the field in the day, ive changed her calmer to Equiliser from the vet, and WOW, what a change. Shes had a week of her new routine before i started working her and I just cant believe it.

Just lunging her this week before I get back on, but she is just a different horse. Yes she still has her scary moments but its once in a blue moon.
Shes working in a lovely constant contact on the lunge and no head throwing. So going to get on her on Saturday and school her and see how we go. I think im going to leave the hacking for a while till weve got back to some kind of normallity.

So thanks guys for all your help and advice. Its all coming together.

Parkranger

Visit site
That is good news.....just a thought but Ty throws his head around when he gets excited and I've got too much contact - I find that if I give him back his head he comes back under. I suppose you have to have alot of trust to do that but it might be worth trying?

Good luck though - sounds like you're on the right tracks!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Thats brilliant bet you're really happy!
You could go a step further and turn her out 24/7! All my horses are now out 24/7. When i got my warmblood a few years ago, she completely scared me to death i wanted to sell her. So i turned her out 24/7 and we haven't looked back, she is so calm yet forward going shes just perfect in everyway. Worth considering.
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I am really pleased her new routine is working! I haven't seen you on here for a while properly and was wondering whether everything was ok...

The Equiliser sounds very interesting!

vicm2509

Visit site
Thats fantastic. Im sure she will be good for you on saturday. Keep up the good work and im sure the two of you will work things out together
smile.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
V - i tried that but it didnt make much of a difference - it might do when i start hacking her out - ill keep it in mind. My instructor did mention about putting her in a standing martingale as she thought she was taking the mick with me.

Hows Ty getting on?

_daisy_

Visit site
i tried Feel good 30 calmers and they didnt really make much of a difference. Spoke to my vet about the problems i was having and he recommended Equiliser to me. He has given it quite a lot of horses either who are on box rest, youngsters just starting work or just exuberant horses. He says its the best calmer. They have 2 at the vets i use - Equiliser and Betamag30. I think Equiliser is about £30 a tub and will last me about 1 month - not much difference in price to the other calmers.
Its really worked - if you want me to get you details off the back of the tub ill PM you them over tonight?
ill go have a look at your post

_daisy_

Visit site
cheers Kelly - im just so pleased i persevered with her - didnt want to let her down as she has lots of potential but didnt want to ruina good horse either.
Hows yours settling?

_daisy_

Visit site
MD - i think this is where the problems stem from. She has been 24/7 turnout since she was a foal. She was stabled in the daytime ion winter but back out as soon as it turned warm. Last winter was the first time since i had her that she wintered out 24/7 in the winter - she kind of held her weight but wasnt much different in herself.
She was sent for some intensive schooling in May and she was in 24/7 but a strict regime of horsewalker, turnout for a coupel of hours then back on the horsewalker - equally spaced out throughout the day. as soon as she returned home she was back out 24/7 and shes been a nightmare every since. I think shes going to be one of those horses that is going to have to be stabled for a while.
Thank you for suggesting it though

_daisy_

Visit site
Cheers Rebecca- i havent really had time to come on here much - bit of time at lunchtime but thats really it. Been spending more time at the yard working Chantin, riding the ponies and of course the beloved job of POO PICKING!!!!
going to take some photos of her now shes changed - but shes got to have her hair done first - she long overdue a hair cut!!! new solocomb at the ready!!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I know that feeling too well as you know.

I have just put a post up but she is going really well after my lesson. Still a long way to go but we're not fighting each other now and she seems to be more settled as well which has helped so good news for both of us so far
grin.gif

I'm sure we will be asking for more advice though as they will be thinking up new tricks as we speak no doubt
smile.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
yes you doubt yourself so much with youngsters. Im glad things are moving forward with you. I suppose it just takes time (and lots of it) so when are we going to get to see wome more photos of you two together?

MillionDollar

Visit site
Thats really interesting just shows how all horses are different and need different routines! I know some horses that hate being turned out full stop. Well if they were all the same it would be boring, lol, its just annoyingly hard to get right though sometimes!
grin.gif