Yard Broken into Last Night

windseywoo

Visit site
I'm based around the Albrighton area in south staffs. I got a text from one of the residents who lives near the yard telling me my top gate is wide open. head down yard in my PJ's to find that someone has stolen our little tractor which we keep locked away in a lorry container, behind the stables. Drive madly around first field to make sure the "people" aren't still on the property and then check second field to make sure horses are ok. Luckily they are all fine, they were just a little spooked. Rang OH and told him to head down to yard through a certain way, as I had seen a police car in a gateway. Said OH and police car come down yard and officer has a good look around, we closed up the field and headed home.
Didn't sleep much worrying about if the horses had been in the first field, they could have gotten on to the road and it could have been far worse. Then had phone call this morning from resident again saying the tractor was found in a gateway not far away.
So we've got tractor back, put extra chains and padlocks on gate and going to get cameras for the stables.
So everyone keep an eye out, as there are obviously people out there looking for stuff (no different that normal!). Luckily this time it wasn't what they wanted.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
So everyone keep an eye out, as there are obviously people out there looking for stuff (no different that normal!). Luckily this time it wasn't what they wanted.

That is wierd! Is it driving ok? Maybe they 'borrowed' it to go xc to another target. If they did that with my Kubota it would jump out of 4WD at the first challenge.