Yard Broken into. Mortimer, Nr Reading, Berks

milliepup

Visit site
Last night my yard was broken into. Padlocks on gates cut through with bolt cutters, tack room was forced open but luckily they didn't steal my saddles etc but took some really strange items.

About 4 pairs of woof wear boots but not any others. 4 sets of spurs that were in a box with my hat but left the hat. There were loads of numnahs and rugs but they only took 3 rugs that were freshly washed and in bags. Loads of tools. My Liveryman Arena clippers and another Matador pair. Unfortunately they took a computer that was in there. Other odd things were they took a couple of bags of feed that were stacked but left another one, and also they wen't into the stable block and took one grooming kit (left another one??) left the rugs that were also in there but threw a number of items on the floor.

I know they used my wheelbarrows to move the stuff and had obviously from tracks had a van parked out of site to put it all into.

I count myself lucky but most of my leather items like headcollars etc are stamped so don't know whether this put them off and all the horses were fine.

It was done between the hours of 6.00pm - 8.00am but please make sure your items are safe.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Im sorry to hear that. Sounds like the burgulars were getting things together for a new horse how very strange. Maybe someone was getting a new horse with tack and needed evrything else! sorry to see the funny side its not really. I am very sorry to hear you were broken into and am very glad that your GG's were ok shame they cant talk hey.

Tempi

Visit site
id worry they were going to come back and steal a horse.........
crazy.gif

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Really sorry about the break in - it can't be a nice experience - what gives these people the right to take other people's things??

Anyway - just remember that theives quite often make a return trip a few weeks later to take all the new and replaced items.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Sorry - do you know these people? Have you upset anyone?

It seems really odd that they would take that sort of stuff. Saying that - I would keep checking ebay...x

I am sorry that you have had a break in it is awful

darkangel1243

photobucket.com
I'm really sorry about your break in I shall keep a good look out as your not to far from me.What a strange mix of things they took I hope they don't come back now they have had a look round to see what you have.I hope they find them did you call the police ? what did they say?
Luckly my yard is in our back garden and I have infered cameras for night time hopefully its enough to put them off.
But no-one is very safe at the end of the day if they want it they will get it one way or another
frown.gif