Yard first Aid Kits.... Human

Carlosmum

Visit site
Having had a squished finger yesterday, I found our kit to be somewhat lacking in anything useful. So I was wondering what do you have on the yard.

We are actually a farm business but I am sure the injuries would be much the same. Usually crushed or cut fingers or eye problems. Would you buy a standard kit or make up your own?

Goldenstar

Visit site
I would just buy one .
then you know what needs to be there is in it .
You do need to keep an eye on what's been used .

Vodkagirly

Visit site
If your an employer I believe that you have a duty to have an appropriate kit for the amount of employees. I would purchase one so it ticks the boxes then supplement it with extras for what you tend to need.

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
The best thing is a roll of each of Micropore tape and Elastoplast tape. Both are just a reel of sticky tape with no padding but you can use the horses cotton wool/gamgee as dressing and this stuff to hold it in place. A bottle of iodine is cheap as something to wipe over a wound. Human bandage rolls to cover a dressing to keep it clean and in place, the tape can be used to secure these so no need for safety pins. Scissors obviously to cut the tape with. Something to wash out eyes with eg Optrex or similar. Baby wipes are also handy for a quick wipe of the general area to be treated/removing eye makeup, because it's a bit pointless trying to clean a wound when eg the whole arm is covered in a layer of general dirt, and washing out eyes with a face full of dirt/make up only adds to the problem instead of solving it.