Yard Glove Recommendations ?

ktj1891

Visit site
As the title, can anyone recommend any yard gloves, possible thermal (for cold mornings, like today) that I can also do all yard jobs with i.e. not too bulky!?

Tayto

Visit site
sealskinz winter riding gloves - they are expensive but totally worth it. I am on my third winter with mine and they are fab. I can break the ice in the water drink in the field, dunk my hand in to scoop out ice and still have a dry cosy hand!

ktj1891

Visit site
sealskinz winter riding gloves - they are expensive but totally worth it. I am on my third winter with mine and they are fab. I can break the ice in the water drink in the field, dunk my hand in to scoop out ice and still have a dry cosy hand!

I have looked on the web and they have loads, which exact ones do you mean?

wench

Visit site
Whatever you do, do not buy the rubbery type ones with coloured type backing from a tack shop, about £5-£10 a pair. You can but exactly the same thing from the builders merchant for about £2 a pair! N

soulfull

Visit site
I have several pair, I prefer the winter ladies riding glove. Although due to arthritis mine are now too tight :( so if you are interested in a 2nd hand pair let me know

twiggy2

Visit site
I find sealskinz too tight and they make my hands painful and freezing cold due to cutting off the circulation i my hands.
The thing that works best for me is latex disposable gloves under cheap thin every day woolen gloves, you do need to have a few pairs and change them for a dry warm (straight of the radiator is possible) pair when they get wet.

pansymouse

Visit site
I got some neoprene ones designed for shooting (little flaps to expose thumb and forefinger tips) from my Secret Santa which are brilliant. Previous I used cheap fleece ones from Tescos which are good but not a patch on the neoprene ones.

supsup

Visit site
I like Sealskinz Gloves as well. Have had three types now: Favourites were the all-weather riding gloves with leather palms. They are pre-shaped in sort of a claw-hand shape, so tend not to restrict around the fingers when you close your hand. The leather palms also allow a lot of feel, so not too bulky. Only drawback is that the palms are real leather, and even though the hands stay dry, the leather suffers from repeated soaking/drying, and eventually the seams along the fingers gave up (leather broke along stitches).
I then bought a pair of winter lady riding gloves. These are warmer than the all-weather riding gloves and I find them slightly more bulky. Almost too hot for me a lot of the time, so haven't used them much yet.
And I just purchased a pair of Dragoneye sealskinz (on sale for £20 due to missing touch-pad fabric on finger - who cares!). They have the same warmth rating as the all-weather gloves, but I decided to go for something a bit more durable for yard chores. They are warm and comfy, but a bit more bulky than the all-weather gloves, and due to non-leather palm fabric are not quite as grippy as the leather palm was. Time will tell if these will last longer for yard jobs. As much as I love the all-weather riding gloves, I felt that I wasted them a bit by destroying them with yard work.

Micky

Visit site
We buy cheap(ish!) leather gloves with thinsulate lining every year, great for doing jobs on the yard and usually last the winter, you do have to dry them if they get wet but it takes a bit to wet enough to soak through, then just dry, oil and wear again, been through all the sealskin range and other equestrian gloves but you end up paying for the brand and they never seem to be up to the job!