Yard jackets for chunky monkeys

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Has anyone got any recommendations for a yard jacket in a larger size? My lovely mum gave me some money for my birthday and I'm desperate for a waterproof/windproof warmish jacket for wearing down the yard. I'm about a size 18 though and a lot only seem to go up to a 16.

Any help would be appreciated!

PS - Would prefer a ladies jacket if poss!

Sparklet

Visit site
I got a rambo down jacket in the sales at the end of last year. I orginally thought they were sized very large because I got a medium but it turns out it is the mans one. Very roomy and incredibly snug - washes well. Only thing is it isnt waterproof but waterproof jackets tends to hold body moisture in (aka sweat) which starts to feel pretty horrible after a while.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I got a Toggi Perth, and am a 10/12, bought a medium and it's HUGE! So I guess a medium or large would fit you. It's not waterproof but is incredibly warm and soft. You could always put a cagoul over the top in the rain like I do.

sorona

Visit site
I have just bought a jacket from harry hall in large to fit a size 16 and it is roomy and they do go up to XL so that would fit. It is waterproof and quilted with a fleece lined neck and fleece lined pockets and was only £46 so was pretty cheap for what you get. It comes in shades of blue, shades of beige or shades of purple. It really is comfy and cosy. I also have amountain horse, grace, one in a large and they go up to an XL and it is nice and roomy but was over £100. Both of them are ladies jackets so have shape to them so are more flattering than the unisex ones!

Gingernags

Visit site
I have a fleece lined Horsewear jacket. Its showerproof and is fine, though I get too hot and only wear it when its really wet or bad!

Bought a gorgeous Harry Hall one in shades of pink in a sale, its just mesh lined so not as hot!

HW is XL and massive, HH is *I think* XL and is a good fit.