Yard jet wash service?

fankino04

Visit site
Hi all, I'm trying to think of extra services to offer to try to recoup some of the lost covid income and was wondering if you thought yards might be prepared to pay to have their stables cleaned with a professional pressure washer or steam cleaner ( not the domestic type from b&q, bit a proper industrial one), if so what do you think this should cost? Would steam cleaning be worth paying extra for?

Equi

Visit site
You could advertise I’m not sure how many you would get for it but there will deffo be some people who want the service who can’t for whatever reason do it themselves. Would you have water with you or need a tap though?
You would have to make clear if you are going to gut out the stable first or if it has to be clean before your start. Also are you doing just the stable or the whole shed/yard floor etc.

fankino04

Visit site
You could advertise I’m not sure how many you would get for it but there will deffo be some people who want the service who can’t for whatever reason do it themselves. Would you have water with you or need a tap though?
You would have to make clear if you are going to gut out the stable first or if it has to be clean before your start. Also are you doing just the stable or the whole shed/yard floor etc.
Yes need a tap and electrical socket for the machine, can do whatever they want in terms of stable floor, stable floor plus walls, yard etc, could clear stables too for a cost just no idea what to charge...

MissTyc

Visit site
We pay for this. We have a tap but no electrics. The guy comes twice a year and does yard + some stables + driveway off his generator. If we had electrics, to be honest we'd do it ourselves!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Personally I wouldn't be interested. You need to do some research to see if it would be viable. To invest in the purchase of an industrial pressure/steam cleaner would be expensive & I believe it would be a considerable time before you would make the money back on the purchase if ever. You would also in your research have to find out how much people would be prepared to pay for the service and pitch the price accordingly.

fankino04

Visit site
Personally I wouldn't be interested. You need to do some research to see if it would be viable. To invest in the purchase of an industrial pressure/steam cleaner would be expensive & I believe it would be a considerable time before you would make the money back on the purchase if ever. You would also in your research have to find out how much people would be prepared to pay for the service and pitch the price accordingly.
The only reason I'm thinking of doing it is because I don't need to purchase the equipment as my partner's company sells them so would be able to use one of their demo ones.

fankino04

Visit site
Thanks that's how I feel but not sure if there's many people out there would rather pay than bother themselves, mostly I'm curious what it would cost and I can stick an advert on Facebook and see if anyone is interested x

All

Visit site
i have used industrial steam cleaners and hot water power washers for cleaning pig pens just as a extra cost most of the ones i have used diesel for heating the water up its just another cost to factor in
they don't use that much electric so can be ran off a small generator and can be ran of a water bowser
you could disinfect them as well ?

to wash a 14" stable shouldn't take longer than 20 min proving that it is clean ie no mats shavings ect

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I wonder if it might be a good service for a horsebox?
I'd pay to have mine steam cleaned - I jet washed it last summer in 30 degree weather and it still took ages to dry out!

I thought that a commercial horse transporter company was legally required to disinfect a trailer or lorry in between jobs, to prevent diseases from spreading... OP might be able to get some idea how much these companies pay for the service, unless they use chemicals, rather than heat, to disinfect.

fankino04

Visit site
I thought that a commercial horse transporter company was legally required to disinfect a trailer or lorry in between jobs, to prevent diseases from spreading... OP might be able to get some idea how much these companies pay for the service, unless they use chemicals, rather than heat, to disinfect.
I have access to the chemicals too lol

Dexter

Visit site
A trailer mechanic locally offers a steam clean as an add on. If I remember where I saw it, I'll send you a link. It was on FB somewhere!

Melody Grey

Visit site
I know there are companies already doing it, but might you have more trade with domestic customers; jet washing patios/ driveways/ paths.
I would pay for jet washing- I have so little to do and so infrequently it wouldn’t be worth me investing in kit.