yard owner ( long boring post but need some advice)

simone666

Visit site
my sister and i rent a stable and field off a old couple and one of the field shelters blew out of the field in to the next field and the yard owner left it in the field and its still there making it in possible for us to put our horses out in the day time, its very heavy and me and sis cant move it, the fence has all so blow down and its not safe to put the horses in there, we have told him and all hes says is "ok love" but still does nothing about it, we dont hav a contract with him as we think hes renting the fields without insurance ect, also to get to the water taps we have to climb over a huge trctor and loads of wood stacked up, as they dont provid enough lighting we cant really see anything and its quite dodgy at night time, we pay £80 a month each for these facilties, do you think we should with hold the rent until he sorts the place out, or is it upto us to get it sorted as we have no contract, my sis has hurt herself a few times and i went flying over the other night cause it is so dark, he wont put the lights on we have to go into his garage climb over a car and put the main fuse switch on the got to the stables and turn the lights on( a bulb in each stable is all the lights that are there) wot would you do???

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I'd move :p

The people dont really sound very interested and I think with-holding any money is just going to cause you more grief as opposed to motivate them into doing anything.

I'd find somewhere else asap and get the horses moved.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Dont know where you are, but do you have Ad Trader in your area? You could also ask in your local tack shop and vets to recommend a yard. Put an ad in farming section of local paper. Think it would be safer for you both and the horses to move asap.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
If you like it stay, if its a pain then move. For that amount of money I pay for two large ones a week on DIY so it is quite cheap, however, is it possible you can buy a small generator to give you some light if you stay?

We used to have rented land which was great but no facilities to speak of!! - we had to build our own shelters and take care of the fencing etc, if you have parents that can help its great, but if you are on your own I'd seriously consider moving to a better yard with more assistance.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The people you are renting off are having £80 a month off each of you & providing nothing.

you have no field shelter (standing), the fencing has fallen down, insufficient or no lighting, unlikely to have insurance.

I would start looking urgently fo somewhere else, you should be able to find a good DIY yard for the same money. If you stay where you are either your horses or yourselves are going to get injured.
frown.gif

simone666

Visit site
thanks, see sister has posted aswell, the shelter is still is a heap in her field, and asked him what he was going to do about it and he asked me what i would do in return, dirty old man.