Yard owners! What do you do with liveries on Christmas Day?

catwithclaws

Visit site
My boy is out today. I chucked the other 2 I normally take care of during the week out too. Their owner will bring all 3 in this evening. I did offer to leave my boy in today as he's been a bit of a sh** to lead in recently - luckily she was adamant she'd be fine to get him in. My boy has a bucket of carrots to come in to later! Then drove on to the yard where my mare is on retirement livery and fed her a whole 1kg bag of carrots! She was one happy beast :)

EventingMum

Visit site
I have 32 stabled on my yard, we don't do DIY livery so I'm afraid they get kept in today with plenty of haylage. Half the staff came in for 2 hours this morning to help muck out but from here on in it's OH, son and me to skip, fed etc so in order for us to be able to have Christmas dinner they stay in. My liveries don't come in, they'd be welcome if they wished to, but all know the arrangements and are happy.

foraday

Visit site
Business as usual at the Yard! Full livery's still get their full service from the yard owner and for anyone else who HAS BOOKED up like 1 month ago!

Most of the yard is DIY

There is chocolates in the Tea Room with plenty of mince pies and mulled wine in the slow cooker keeping warm for those who had not yet had enough of mince pies !!!

I would not be able to help to muck out due to my back but I will go up as normal later and play ponies and put them to bed

Marydoll

Visit site
Ive got my own place so mine are all out, and stables mucked out as usual, roast went in the slow cooker this morning, getting ready to go out for a hack now.
Theyll come in a bit earlier at 3, then home for a quick shower and change before heading out for dinner with family this evening. Have a great day everyone

keepitugly

Visit site
I work at mine, it's a full livery yard and me, boss and husband all worked 5am til about 8am, everything mucked out, turned out and I will go and bring in soon and feed. Some owners do come down but we don't wait we just bash through.

burtie

Visit site
Mine are DIY, other than the yard don't turn out for me, no different. I arrange with my horses field mate so that one of us goes up and turns them both out and the other brings them in, that way we both go up the yard once.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Same as every other day, DIY'ers turn up and do their horses and YO has volunteer staff to work for full liveries and yard horses. All horses go out as usual. Only difference is the amount of tinsel and santa hats being worn for the Christmas morning ride.

Dumbo

Visit site
All the horses stayed in. YO fed/hayed and mucked out this morning then hayed at lunch. I (groom!) fed and hayed again this evening. They all had a fresh bed put down last night so we felt less guilty about not skipping out again this evening!

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
I'm on full livery - she went out for hour and a half this morning, only a little shorter than normal for mid-winter turnout. The only other difference is the horses will be put to bed a little earlier than usual. I did offer to muck out but all was done! So went for a lovely long hack and she got a good groom.

noodle_

Visit site
Mine was in today - i was in work all day and if anything went wrong theres nothing i could do about it

Mucked out at 7am, skipped out and finished off at 6pm after work... works for us every year :D