Yard Rental-Landlord access quiery

pippixox

Visit site
I agree with the polite approach! My horses are in rented fields near a pheasant shoot. The shoot are often right next to and occasionally in their field. But (when we ask as they forget) we get sent a list of dates at the start of the season so we know what days they are shooting. The horses are very used to it- I just ensure they are out so they don't get wound up in the barn and don't ride on those days!

We have been asked politely if we can sometimes keep the horses in for a night in the summer while they try and shoot foxes- apparently they will stand among the horses- so they can't shoot them!

It's the landlords property but as a tenant you should be given warning of other people accessing it

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
If he thinks you are being informed is it possible to suggest to him that they must be at yours on days he isn't expecting them?

Tiliyrose

Visit site
I would have thought so too. I remember the Summer before last they leant over a gate to the paddock I keep my donkeys and they shot a fox, My donkey was in front of it and it was scary, they threw it in the hedge. I suppose its just a feeling of trust , I don't trust these men they're really odd like they wear balaclavas ...which I find odd in itself ! thank you for your comment! :)

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Tillyrose. It sounds like you have bad vibes regarding these men. If I was you I would have as little interaction with them as possible , being that you live alone. Just try not to rock the boat. Keep safe

Damnation

Visit site
I agree with not antagonising for sure , and also the ignorance to safety, ..I have always been friendly especially as Im here alone, I don't want anything to happen when Im not here in regards to retaliation ..Im not looking for any aggravation. I am slightly reluctant to be too friendly as I had a problem over the estate gardener who was dismissed for stalking, I think they're given the right to access this quiet area and don't respect common boundaries. I don't want to come across as hyper territorial I simply want to keep the horses safe and to know who's about and to keep on polite terms. Im very grateful for all the advice and ideas. I have asked the LL who said he or his wife always inform me, which has never happened in 5 years! ! oh once I think his wife texted me.

Have you explained this to your Landlord, again damsel in distress/charm him saying you feel a bit vunerable given past experiences!

Perhaps go and have a chat with him, especially if his wife is there. As another woman she may be able to add weight to your argument and be a bit more understanding of your position!

(Not a slight on men, but I do find sometimes that they can lack a bit of empathy!)

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
The balaclavas are quite normal. Firstly they keep your face and ears warm, secondly they reduce the visibility considerably. A white face in the darkness stands out against the dark clothing, a dark balaclava hides it and makes getting close to the target easier.