Yard/Riding Jacket wanted urgently - any recommendations?

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
So tonight my zip just broke in my yard/riding jacket/coat. Its been a bit tricky the last week or so but I was hoping it would hold out another month or so until Spring!

Alas now I am coatless - and still have to do the horses every day in weathers like today which was awful.

I need somewhere or someone who can post me one tomorrow and my list of must haves are:

Waterproof
Padded
Pockets, zipped preferably
Medium length
Size 12 or Medium
Not too fussed on colour, but darker is easier
Machine washable
Poppers vents in back for riding in

I don't mind new or 2nd hand if I can get one quickly, not wanting to go hugely expensive.

Any ideas please?

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
Thank you all - some good recommendations there. I'm going to have a look through today, and have to grin and bear the cold in the meantime ha ha! I have a lighterweight raincoat I can put on over a thick jumper!

Also realised I need a two way zip as I wear the coat for riding and I like one that goes down past my bottom, I need the zip undone at the front as well as rear vents.

Not sure the ski jackets have the rear vents?

Id not thought of Amazon, there are loads on there suitable.

The Decathlon one would be brilliant but they are out of stock, I think that ticked all my boxes Grrrrrr!!!! And a good price too!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
The Decathlon one would be brilliant but they are out of stock, I think that ticked all my boxes Grrrrrr!!!! And a good price too!

its a really nice coat, flattering as well-all their jackets are good (I have a nice summer one too) but their other winter jackets are bum-freezers. Hopefully they might come back in stock.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I was going to put a similar post up, OP :).

My trusty Toggi riding jacket with rear vents is beginning to come apart, and I want to replace it with something similar. It's also now too big since I've lost weight. This is it.

84F0A9B0-89FE-4BC1-9F13-933F2E995236.jpeg
0A1266E9-041B-4BE4-98C1-EBBAC428CD4D.jpeg
Where have all the traditional riding jackets gone? I went into a tackshop and it's all overpriced bum freezers or great thick padded longer jackets.

poiuytrewq

Visit site

My trusty Toggi riding jacket with rear vents is beginning to come apart, and I want to replace it with something similar. It's also now too big since I've lost weight. This is it.

View attachment 87490
View attachment 87491
Where have all the traditional riding jackets gone? I went into a tackshop and it's all overpriced bum freezers or great thick padded longer jackets.
That’s the perfect shape isn’t it!
I had a Musto like that, it was bright pink which wasn’t my ideal colour but pretty good for road work.
I was gutted when it finally died!
Musto might be worth a look?

albeg

Visit site
Yes, a couple or more years ago now, v sad as I love my Canter jacket loads!

Their sailing stuff is good, I have two, one with a double ended zip (wouldn't cover what OP wants as it's lightweight, but presumably some other options also have double ended zips), so worth a look. Last time I was in the outlet store they had a video ad for an equestrian jacket, so not completely gone yet.

Mudfukkle

Visit site
Alas now I am coatless - and still have to do the horses every day in weathers like today which was awful.
As someone who owns multiple coats (too many to count :D) I feel for you. And this is the reason that I have multiple coats, as one awful winter, I found myself frugally using one coat, but then it got wet and didn't dry out so I had to put on a soggy, stinky horrible thing (I'm not suggesting your much loved coat is stinky and horrible) but mine was.
So I entered the realm of E-bay and tack sales and bought some great second hand bargain coats - I'm now a bit of a coat addict - not to mention boot and saddle addict :D

I hope you find your dream coat

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The Musto canter jacket looks ideal, but is out of stock everywhere inc on the main Musto website. I've signed up to be notified if it ever comes back in stock.

I'm surprised that Musto bailed from equestrian clothing. Mind you, the sailing lot make us look like paupers, so maybe that's why.

I've been stalking ebay recently snaffling up used Musto clothing, esp the original snug fleeces, but I've not seen a canter jacket come up.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I havent seen a Canter jacket in over 2 yrs.

It was when Helly Hansen took over, the Equestrian side halted and anything around new is old stock.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I bought a new with tags Musto Canter jacket in my size on eBay for half the cost what it would have been new in store. It's grand in every respect except that presumably being one of the last ones made, it's let down by a cr@p flimsy plastic zip. I'm going to get the zip replaced. Did the older Canter jackets have proper sturdy metal zips?

dixie

Visit site

View attachment 87490
View attachment 87491

I have this coat still !!!!!
I'm literally just thinking about replacing it as its not as waterproof as it should be anymore - I would say its a least 20 years old. A great coat...........

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I bought a new with tags Musto Canter jacket in my size on eBay for half the cost what it would have been new in store. It's grand in every respect except that presumably being one of the last ones made, it's let down by a cr@p flimsy plastic zip. I'm going to get the zip replaced. Did the older Canter jackets have proper sturdy metal zips?
I'll have to check it, will report back later.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
TP, it's a narrow plastic zip with metal runners.
I can honestly say that it's only once had a problem and that was my fault in rushing to get zip done up and mismatched at the bottom.
Zip has even held up in being strained over my BP a few times in vile weather!
I'd not replace yours till/if you have a problem x

teapot

Visit site

My old Musto coats have proper zips!