Yards in Gloucestershire

weasel27

Visit site
Hi all,

Will soon be moving down from Surrey to Gloucester and am looking for a good yard. Would prefer DIY with option for part/holiday livery. Must have arena (preferably floodlit).

Will be living in or on the outskirts of Gloucester and don't wan to travel more than 20 mins if I can help it.

Any recommendations?

thanks

RachelB

Visit site
There's a nice looking one to the east of Newent if you're up that way, I don't know what it's like as I only drove past but it looked nice from the outside! Don't know exactly where it is either, as I was a bit lost at the time...!
There's also another nice one (basic, but they have an indoor school and another outdoor I think, plus nice new stables in a big barn) in Maisemore, I was thinking of keeping my horse there. A few Hartpury students there though, in case that puts you off!
I didn't know Hooze did livery, I should have gone to look - I love their stallions!
Your best bet is to go and look at the notice boards in both Countrywide and Hartpury Post office, they have loads of adverts.

alfirules

Visit site
i know of lots about 30 mins away from centre of gloucester. dont know if thats too far but they are in gloucestershire. there is incredible hacking around here and most yards have good grazing and facilities. let me know if you want more details of them.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Not to sure which side of glos you are moving to, so can,t really advise.

Most people live in cheltenham and commute across as its a nocer place to live (IMO of course
wink.gif
)

KatB

Visit site
Agree, Cheltenham is gorgeous, and I have ambitions of living there one day! Unfortunately was on wrong side of Glos for Chelt, and prob to help you with livery!!
smirk.gif

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I run Alexandjess (my daughter on here) across to Hartpury college every day from Cheltenham. I go around the backroads to avoid the traffic on the glos ring road.

Parts of chelt are very dodgy, as are parts of glos, but where we keep the horses is very industrialised and the farm is surrounded on 3 sides by shops and factories. The upside is that one edge of the field is lit by the streetlights from the shops access road, is very well drained and thats where the jumps are, so they can be jumped at night - which is just as well at this time of year.

Their field never gets dark because of this
cool.gif

Beanyowner

Visit site
Try Hilltop Farm at Eldersfield...google it and I think they have a small website. Its REALLY nice here...we have a school, XCC, grass gallops, alright hacking (around lanes), and the people here are lovely too!!!! Oooo...YO can do livery for you if needed as well!!
Have kept my horse here for over 2 years now and I love it.

Claire x